2/16/24 Very Busy

C1erArt

Great conditions, fierce wind blowing up the hill. Blowing still on sidewinder, Switch open but very marbley as expected for first day. Everything else very nice.  Razors stayed open. Freefall and Challenge very edgeable . 

Pretty crowded though with schools off today. Third run up the quad the line was backed up halfway to the gates in the corral. By 1015 all three lifts were backed up to the gates.

IMG_8226.thumb.jpeg.83d1b471539f3e15e9b90a4004629f43.jpeg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Blue is leaving some serious Johnny cash on the table not making today a holiday as all the schools are closed.  

I think they are. I don’t know what they’re charging for lift tickets but I got a don’t come around here email.

IMG_5084.jpeg

?

My second year with a senior pass. 

When I left today at 11, there were probably 50 cars parked across the street. 

Have an off peak, northeast, senior Epic pass to ski Frost with the wife. 

Edited by C1erArt
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, C1erArt said:

?

My second year with a senior pass. 

When I left today at 11, there were probably 50 cars parked across the street. 

Have an off peak, northeast, senior Epic pass to ski Frost with the wife. 

Oh I thought the senior pass was good for unlimited…I guess the email was meant for midweek passholders. 

I was originally going to Camelback but couldn't find the stupid parking pass, so at the intersection of the roads going to Blue or Camelback I made a right turn toward Little Gap. It was a radical morning skiing western groomers. I'll save Camelback for tomorrow since I can obtain First T.rax and get there before all the herbs

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Oh I thought the senior pass was good for unlimited…I guess the email was meant for midweek passholders. 

It is, Airhead must have a weekday pass. My skipping weekends is by choice (I could say I don’t like crowds, but it is really to let the old body recover). 

2 minutes ago, mute1080 said:

My hope of skiing this afternoon was quickly squashed when I looked at the web cams. I'll pass on the crowd.

From what I can tell, the VIP line at the Challenge lift looks small and only a short wait at least.

The VIP line was doing so well for a while. People actively making groups of 6 and then jumping ahead of the lift ticket holder line. Once the pairer upper dude left it was the same old mess. Now it's anyone's guess as to how efficient it is going.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, saltyant said:

The VIP line was doing so well for a while. People actively making groups of 6 and then jumping ahead of the lift ticket holder line. Once the pairer upper dude left it was the same old mess. Now it's anyone's guess as to how efficient it is going.

If people aren't grouping up on their own in the VIP line, we actively "help" people group up just so the line moves along quicker.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, indiggio said:

If people aren't grouping up on their own in the VIP line, we actively "help" people group up just so the line moves along quicker.

Myself and other VIPs were doing just that as much as possible, and it was a beautiful thing seeing peak efficiency filling each chair with 6.

Once the lift organizer disappeared I gave that up as it was back to everyone doing their own thing in their own little worlds 

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Myself and other VIPs were doing just that as much as possible, and it was a beautiful thing seeing peak efficiency filling each chair with 6.

Once the lift organizer disappeared I gave that up as it was back to everyone doing their own thing in their own little worlds 

It's far easier on the organizer to handle groups of 6 and they tend to just let them go ahead right away.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, C1erArt said:

It is, Airhead must have a weekday pass. My skipping weekends is by choice (I could say I don’t like crowds, but it is really to let the old body recover). 

It is, but it’s normally good after 4 PM on Saturdays and Sundays except for holidays. The contradictory email they sent me must have been cut and pasted because the schedule says good after 4 PM 

My work schedule is pretty flexible ,I’m not a big fan of skiing on weekends. The only thing I miss out on is skiing with the bump crew in the afternoons.

Edited by AirheadD8
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

It is, but it’s normally good after 4 PM on Saturdays and Sundays except for holidays. The contradictory email they sent me must have been cut and pasted because the schedule says good after 4 PM 

My work schedule is pretty flexible ,I’m not a big fan of skiing on weekends. The only thing I miss out on is skiing with the bump crew in the afternoons.

Miss read the email, good after 4 but not until 4 on Monday. 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, C1erArt said:

I hear you, you’re doing pretty well…I’m just hoping to get one empty run on switchback tomorrow after an empty challenge then everything is gonna be crowded.  If the roads are spicy in the lowlands could delay the crowds by a bit.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I hear you, you’re doing pretty well…I’m just hoping to get one empty run on switchback tomorrow after an empty challenge then everything is gonna be crowded.  If the roads are spicy in the lowlands could delay the crowds by a bit.  

I heard Switchback was no so good today. Challenge was amaze balls. In fact I ran Challenge more than Razor's Edge even though I rarely get to ski Razor's.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, saltyant said:

I was originally going to Camelback but couldn't find the stupid parking pass, so at the intersection of the roads going to Blue or Camelback I made a right turn toward Little Gap. It was a radical morning skiing western groomers. I'll save Camelback for tomorrow since I can obtain First T.rax and get there before all the herbs

I think I will show up to Camel to First tracks out the pow tomorrow before the peasants are allowed past the gates.  Think it's to big a risk to park and wait at the Stevie for 7:30?

46 minutes ago, DiMe said:

I think I will show up to Camel to First tracks out the pow tomorrow before the peasants are allowed past the gates.  Think it's to big a risk to park and wait at the Stevie for 7:30?

I would absolutely, positively NOT park at Stevie for 7:30 tomorrow. You'll end up standing there until 8:30 most likely. The only option for first Tr@x is Big Black Bear 6, then migrate over to Stevie around 815.

• Love 1