2/25…Sunny..chilly…fuckery

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 7:20am and it was 19 degrees under mostly sunny sky’s. Everybody was in the house except for the people who weren’t there. 

Second civilian six pack and already there was an argument on the lift because I guess one guy cut another guy off while making the dash for first chair which led to a jackalope falling and stopping the lift.  

First run on challenge was pretty nice, better than yesterday with nice packed powder and a couple mini root rollers, I ran that two more times and then hit up Main Street which was good enough for a repeat.  I heard lazy 1.6 kilometers was bad so didn’t ski that.  Sidewinder again I didn’t love…some light cookies and larger root rollers.  

Crowds today were moderate..no real lift lines until the quad stopped,  the quad was stopped for about 20 minutes and I heard that people stuck received $15 vouchers. Widowmaker was good with no gates and midway was smooth.  Some fresh silky manmade on paradise.  Just like yesterday I skied ten runs by about 940.  

Was a fun parking lot, I had chips, a slice of tomato pie, a couple beers and a rum and Coke compliments of Mike from the Bethlehem Ford crew.  Was funny seeing Asian people pull into a tiny parking spot with like 6” of space on either side and the ski school tram was showing us love.  Low key I also think I have my first sunburn of the season. I knew I should of used SPF 75 earlier.  

I’m thinking I’ll probably be back out next Tuesday morning..at work now, I returned two voicemails and now gonna count money  

JADIP

25A06A22-CE37-46DB-A047-09300073CBE9.jpeg

• Like 9

Today was one of the better days this season, side is fantastic with all the rollers, you can stich together like 7 airs in one rip.

My favorite though is straight thugging switch and it was 90% excellent today. 

Coming Soon was surprisingly good as was main. 

While I can't lie the skiing is superior DV ain't got shit on shooting the shit in the lot. 

• Like 7

Clear sky, stars and a giant moon shining bright in the Pocono sky this evening and quite pleasant out here temp wise. It's fairly quiet too. Solo lift rides and all that. I don't think I've been it in a Sunday night in a while and it's way nicer than a weeknight. The downside to sleeping in however... It's slick. Another side of the trails kinda night to adequately edge. Overall nice evening and the smell of the waffle Haus is always quite special in the evening 

IMG_20240225_193343_HDR~3.jpg

IMG_20240225_191944_HDR~2.jpg

Edited by RidgeRacer
  • Like 7

On 2/25/2024 at 4:07 PM, saltyant said:

Skied 8 to 2:30 with one hour for lunch. Haddock sandwich in the top lodge. Got to ski Rasin's Edge which was far out. 

How was the Haddock sandwich?  I hope your brah paid since you hooked him up with your buddy pass.  Reminds me of when I gave @moe ghoul a free ticket to Jack Frost for a PASR day and he brought me an Eye-Talian sandola from somewhere outside Philly..it was grate..he also brought me chips and a Coke Zero..while I’m a Diet Coke guy, beggars can’t be choosers…

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

How was the Haddock sandwich?  I hope your brah paid since you hooked him up with your buddy pass.  Reminds me of when I gave @moe ghoul a free ticket to Jack Frost for a PASR day and he brought me an Eye-Talian sandola from somewhere outside Philly..it was grate..he also brought me chips and a Coke Zero..while I’m a Diet Coke guy, beggars can’t be choosers…

It was grate. The best meal I ever had at the Blue Mountain Upper lodge restaurant. Yes he paid, he's a true brah. 

• Boner City 1

Just now, saltyant said:

It was grate. The best meal I ever had at the Blue Mountain Upper lodge restaurant. Yes he paid, he's a true brah. 

Nice that’s brah code and you were a true brah for not ordering the surf and turf or the calamari.  Let me guess he had the groomer burger..and they asked Red Robin style if y’all wanted refills on your French fried perterters?  

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Nice that’s brah code and you were a true brah for not ordering the surf and turf or the calamari.  Let me guess he had the groomer burger..and they asked Red Robin style if y’all wanted refills on your French fried perterters?  

Correct. Except no free refills on French fried perterters. But I got a free refill on my Pepsi Cola