End is getting near

Out for a couple of hours today. DeMattes and Challenge closed due to large bare spots. Tbolt had a path down over to E Mtn. Rivershot and Floyd’s in great shape considering. Anyone else out there today?

IMG_8324.thumb.jpeg.af4eaf831e3a6698fa87e352e352bb68.jpeg

IMG_8325.thumb.jpeg.9131db4bf31b891aef0663b2a73bdf8a.jpeg

One Park and Exhibition in pretty good shape. Maybe 50 cars in the lots. 

• Like 4

Real nice surface early, getting softer by 1130. Same stuff was open reported for yesterday. See what survives the 1.5" of rain they are supposed to get tomorrow through open on Sun. 

Love the slopeside parking - effectively makes time from home to JFBB slopes only an extra 5 min longer than getting to Blue or CBk. 

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Nice report and I don’t even have to ask how Floyd’s was!!!  

My Carv report for my best run on Floyd’s. Nothing to be too proud about, but conditions were pretty soft  

IMG_1990.thumb.png.b992c129893e270f271d7381014773ca.png

IMG_1991.thumb.png.61a6081490a34e49001621065c2ed2b0.png

40 minutes ago, C1erArt said:

JF closing today, but BB will remain open 9-4 all week due to better conditions. Haven’t been there in several years. 

Interesting…the trail to the far lookers left big boulder park run is a decent 400 vert shot accessed by its own lift which is pretty direct.  I remember skiing 11 runs and hour off it night skiing.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Interesting…the trail to the far lookers left big boulder park run is a decent 400 vert shot accessed by its own lift which is pretty direct.  I remember skiing 11 runs and hour off it night skiing.  

The blue, Bunny Schuss or something like that? Or the black just lookers right of that, Draufganger? I enjoy Draufganger, though it is short. Lapped the hell out of one day a few years back one of those years when BB was hanging on after the rest closed

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

The blue, Bunny Schuss or something like that? Or the black just lookers right of that, Draufganger? I enjoy Draufganger, though it is short. Lapped the hell out of one day a few years back one of those years when BB was hanging on after the rest closed

Boulder park off the big Boulder lift.  It was early season so wasn’t a park yet.  I’ll check stats but I skied that same run a lot 12/5/06…43 runs..

Posted (edited)

Nice morning at BB. Haven’t been there in 10 years. New lifts, but not much else has changed. All black slopes had decent coverage and well groomed.  Big Boulder trail (where they ran the races) was nice and wide and had some nice turns on it. About 20 cars in the lot. 

IMG_8479.thumb.jpeg.787901178077a06ed401fd5ecb611344.jpeg

IMG_8478.thumb.jpeg.c1757b19475eaa0c5c94f4f2eb81e4be.jpeg

IMG_8496.thumb.jpeg.f1dc5d35d6a86bc5e7c9586412cbc922.jpeg

IMG_8488.thumb.jpeg.1a75ddf993318f810b5f06e8ad0a7aae.jpeg

Edited by C1erArt
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

i wonder what the story is these days with this place.  

image.png.df6db8eac2c19210894298657ee8e1b1.png

i remember it being built, and like never occupied, or occupied by a janitor/security guard.  I havent been there in years as well, but i never saw it occupied years after it was built.  

I walked by those with my mom and parents and sisters dogs when my parents stayed near the other end of the lake and people staying in them..I recognize them I was there in august and crazy crowded.  There were like 25 people In line for ice cream place like line outside around the building.  Sheesh I don’t even like ice cream that much.  

4 hours ago, momskeeztoo said:

A couple of us going there tomorrow. So rock skis not required? I haven’t been there in years, is the new lift any faster?

There are a few small easily avoided thin spots. Same slow speed, but you won’t get splinters from the chairs. Might see you there tomorrow late morning. No need to get there first thing. 

• Like 1