4/2/24 Killington

DiMe

Arrived at the Ramshead parking lot a little after 11:00pm.  Partly cloudy skies, no winds and mid to upper 40s.  Snow was just softening up on my first run and progressively corned up through the day.  Closed out the place for a solid 17 runs.  Storm rolls in tomorrow and I spend the next 2 days riding itnat Stratton!  No microwave, no problem.  Mamas leftover stuffed cabbage for dinner .20240402_112139.thumb.jpg.ec1a66b97e23ab96990554f4b0b97e97.jpg

20240402_142528.thumb.jpg.610fdde10aac9ba6eee6917cc3e7cc07.jpgScreenshot_20240402_161608_Killington.thumb.jpg.6de5d3aa113bd614cb7fc230d3ea230f.jpg20240402_174614.thumb.jpg.b4ddead7756875e6eda3af27e756de7f.jpg20240402_175214.thumb.jpg.f3a98e0db2c4c6b8716c1d29d46411f7.jpgScreenshot_20240402_143857_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e9baff433c7568e8485e3fbd096c3c63.jpg

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Dime there are some nice restaurants in Vermont.  

Not a big fan of sitting down at restaurants alone.  Besidee, I can use my own special spices 😇

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Dime there are some nice restaurants in Vermont.  

There are some really nice restaurants in Rutland like Dominos Pizza. I ate there when I went to Killington in 2023. It was really nice to check out the local cuisine.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, DiMe said:

Not a big fan of sitting down at restaurants alone.  Besidee, I can use my own special spices 😇

I love eating at restaurants alone. Sometimes I sit at the bar area if it's not too crowded and always have a book or something to read on my iPad. Reading the menu gets boring after about 10 minutes.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Haha the first and only time I watched red green was when I lived in Montana.  My one roommate was a big fan. 

My wife was a fan she thought the mans prayer was great. Pretty creative stuff on a low budget. I like the episode where he turns an old bus into a cigar car. 

My business partner has an old blue dodge van on his property. I’m going to get some paint and paint up a “Possum van”  when he goes on vacation this summer. 

1 hour ago, AirheadD8 said:

My wife was a fan she thought the mans prayer was great. Pretty creative stuff on a low budget. I like the episode where he turns an old bus into a cigar car. 

My business partner has an old blue dodge van on his property. I’m going to get some paint and paint up a “Possum van”  when he goes on vacation this summer. 

Well my roommate was just like him. He grew up on a couple hundred acre ranch in Conrad Montana and his closest neighbors were his grandparents.  He would get like parts of cows from his parents and after the bars whip up burgers on white bread. 

2 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

How do you eat then?

Bring our own food. Pre prepare stuff, everyone brings a meal. Works out great, get back from skiing, make a drink, throw food in the microwave. It works out great 

Edited by momskeeztoo
  • Like 1

On 4/2/2024 at 6:50 PM, saltyant said:

I love eating at restaurants alone. Sometimes I sit at the bar area if it's not too crowded and always have a book or something to read on my iPad. Reading the menu gets boring after about 10 minutes.

Back before iPhone days, when I solo dined, I’d read auto trader magazine and real estate magazines or sit at the bar and so weird wild stuff to the barmaids.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't understand the thing with eating by yourself especially on a ski trip where it's likely you'll never see any of those people again nor will they remember you.

Humans must eat, you sell food, I have money that's really as far as the transaction goes but to each their own. 

I always have snacks in my pockets at legit hills, gummy bears at very least but pocket meat and pocket bread are the best.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, momskeeztoo said:

Bring our own food. Pre prepare stuff, everyone brings a meal. Works out great, get back from skiing, make a drink, throw food in the microwave. It works out great 

Even if you fly somewhere?

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

Even if you fly somewhere?

Yes. I travel with a group, we get a condo. Every place has grocery stores. I like stopping at little mid mountain places, if they are there, and having a drink and an appetizer. But other than that, I prefer my own food and especially coffee. 

18 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

Yes. I travel with a group, we get a condo. Every place has grocery stores. I like stopping at little mid mountain places, if they are there, and having a drink and an appetizer. But other than that, I prefer my own food and especially coffee. 

Gotcha