Opening day..

librider

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Belleayre would be one low angle run for 500 vert tops and a creaky slow lift and Okemo would have a few different choices and top to bottom on the Northstar express...Belleayre was if they were the only game in town last weekend..If Hunter is also open next weekend they'd have alot better terrain open than Belleayre.

Shit it's been one of my longest off seasons ever...I need to lap run after run after run...and get some vertical. Plus I always seem to ski Vermont Thanksgiving weekend...at least since I've been back from Montana. Maybe I'll hit up Belleayre the next weekend if Blue isn't open yet...

Okemo pumps crazy amounts of snow out..I want 60k of vert next weekend... :rock I need to get moving if I want to hit 3 million...Holla

i dont wanna deal with people my first day out :banghead

I'd like to go to VT, but i just don't have the money for a hotel room for 2 nights right now :banghead I wish i would of saved more for my trip during the summer. Now i know for next year. So if belleayre opens, ill be there.

I'd rather ski off the triple and avoid the slushy flat ride down to the quad, but I bet they want to showcase their new lift ASAP. I know you're not hating...but Belleayre--FOR ME--is more than just the terrain that's open. I gladly give up some steeps and vert to spend my days there.

I'd rather ski off the triple and avoid the slushy flat ride down to the quad, but I bet they want to showcase their new lift ASAP. I know you're not hating...but Belleayre--FOR ME--is more than just the terrain that's open. I gladly give up some steeps and vert to spend my days there.

When i called last week about last Sunday, It wasnt going to be the quad, you were gonna have to use whatever lift for downloading.

When i called last week about last Sunday, It wasnt going to be the quad, you were gonna have to use whatever lift for downloading.

Well, no, you don't have to download at Bell. The runs they had open last year end right at a lodge, and it was the same run they were blowing on this year. :rock

Well is it atleast half the mountain? Becuase i thought thats what the girl told me ,something about half the mountain.

yea, they have a lodge in the middle..its real steezy.

ski, i agree with you, i could drive to hunter and ski more vert, but i like bell...and doug isn't a real skier, he doesn't enjoy skiing, he just enjoys saying he did 40k vert.

ski, bell on friday?

MC, I'm not trying to be defensive of Belleayre---and I don't know the upper vs lower vert stats---but I've skied the lower mountain quite a bit with Ty and I don't think there's 900 vert down there. And the elevation drop from skiers left down to skiers right isn't much more than 70 or so ft. (you have to pole in spots).

So the mountain has 1400 vert. The highest peak is skiers left and is---at the very most---100 ft above the triple by the midstation lodge.

So if there are 1300 vert from the top of that lift down to the very bottom of the bunny slopes, I'm thinking they open with closer to 750 vert at the very least.

819 verts from the Overlook lodge to the top of the triple..how much vert do you think there is above the mid-station? I remember Atomic Jeff and Skimom calling the run from the mid station 4-500 verts last year.

Where'd you find the 819? The lineup of headwalls probably run from 450 to 600 ft as you move to skier's left...just a guess, though.

Theirs a Premiere after,its not as far,ill film to.Idn yet so far its not looking good for BB on Friday.

Real snowboarding/skiing > 1-2 rails/filming/video premier....

you can film all season long, you can buy the video. But how often do you get to make turns in the east around thanksgiving weekend...