Opening day..

librider

i really wish bell would update their site a bit more. im dying to know how their snowmaking is going.

It's nothing new; Belleayre has never been very good at updating their website. If someone doesn't have a really good reason to be in the office, nothing gets updated.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does it compare with Hunter, I always go to Hunter instead but I see they have a new lift this year. I like the backside of Hunter a lot and I'm wondering if there is anything steep at Bellayre. I saw they have a buy one get one free if you show up for opening day, so I'm considering doing that.

No where is gonna have any steep stuff open this early.. Mainly just blue runs. Hunter does have a more powerful snowmaking system, so they may have a few more trails open.

But then look at Hunter=Full of crowds

Belleayre=No crowds.

How does it compare with Hunter, I always go to Hunter instead but I see they have a new lift this year. I like the backside of Hunter a lot and I'm wondering if there is anything steep at Bellayre. I saw they have a buy one get one free if you show up for opening day, so I'm considering doing that.

There are some interesting, steep, but not super-long headwalls at Belleayre. Any one of them beat a bumped up Hellgate with 200 people on it, IMO. But to each his own. I hate Hunter because of some of the locals, but mostly because of the NYC vibe. Belleayre is like skiing in a different era...Hunter is like skiing with someone barging on your ski tails all day. Anyone that likes Hunter and bypasses Belleayre should also give Plattekill a shot...it's a little like the MRG of the Catskills.

They usually project about 3,000 the first weekend (with one trial)...Lets say 2/3s of all the people are on the lift or in the lodge.... 1,000 people on one trail...Thats like one person per a vertical foot...hmmm ouch

You have fun with that on friday. Atleast you get to practice slalom.. With people that is.

i gotta pick up libs ass up on friday morning :banghead

If i was staying at my mtn house i would have no problem. But im driving up straight from here, early friday. Might be staying at my mtn house friday night dunno yet.

how much are lift tickets for saturday? i know they are 25 for friday but the lack of a website doesnt really tell me anything. and i saw in a news article that the tickets are 25 again saturday but only if you register for the rail jam? im speaking of belleayre that is

Edited by evo55