BB Park Vs. Blue Park

MCRX

Do you think Boulder will make it through the next few days of rain and warmth? That's where I'll be Tuesday night if Blue shuts down..

BOulder could make it another 2-3 weeks of warmth and rain if they really had to.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too many people go to Blue, and that's why it gets so damn icy, even after fresh snow.

Was this serious? like, did you honestly mean that?

would have been a sick jump if u didnt have to come around a turn first before hitting it,

blue still has alot to learn, plain and simple,

they should stick to all mtn, let the other mtns handle park!

oh yeh and that bus makes me laugh cuz its going to be so bad, plus knowing blue will be set up really really really shitty

Maybe on spring days you really needed the speed from that turn, but on normal hardpack days that wasn't an issue- just ask rodeo steve- he's hit that jump hundreds of times. Just because you couldn't hit it doesn't make it horrible.

Seriously, where the hell do you get off saying this shit? Sidewinder isn't even open yet you dosh. Once that opens, along with more of the mt, there will be less park flow, and park crue's work will be nicer. They'll put more work into shit that's not gonna get all fucked up in 2 minutes. Like now- their work is screwed minutes after they rake it.

Stick to all mt? that's pretty cocky. Money in mountains is in the parks nowadays. The park scene is huge. Why would they relatively consider closing the option for the added revenue that parks will draw in?

The bus is gonna be bad? tell me what color shirt i'm wearing, mr. cleo

. but while blue is struggling with snow issues right now boulders taking advantage of the situation.

Blue's not really stuggling. Granted the coverage is diminishing, they can't really be struggling to get snow on a trail that isn't even a priority at this point in the game. Blue's different. They have a lot more mountain to cover before moving on... it's always been this way.

The bare spots are not that bad. At night they start showing on crowded days but they always fix it. They could also bring snow up from the bottom. They can make it but even if they do close it will be a fast recovery. Seriously you are all saying how bad Blue is when you haven't even seen it this year yet. No one has. And its not like Blue only has a park open like Bear did or Big Boulder. Blue has other trails to worry about then the other tiny mountains with no vert. I say we give you the park and see you do better. Youd build like a 20ft gap and be like, wow this is too much work let alone grooming 30 other trails instead of like 15. Honestly if you think you can do better go open a mountain. And yeah I loved the jump after the turn like Stevo said. I overshot that thing all the time. Nobody ever really said anything bad about Big Boulder. Its doing well and we all know that. Blue really isnt doing that bad. So they dont have a good park right now. Who the f*ck cares? Just dont go. Nobody wants to hear your whiny asses because you cant spin a jump bigger than 30ft. Jibs arent everything in the world and we all know you like to think that. The other mountains are to learn. Blue is to step it up. The little jumps get shity at Blue but the bigger ones dont cause barely anyone hits them. Same with the more difficult rails. And for all you Bear worshipers... That j rail was pretty circusy and it sucked balls.

Edited by Rodeo Steve

I think u should take a 2nd look at the title of this thread. BB PARK vs. Blues PARK. Umm if u want u can go make another thread titled, BB vert vs. blue vert. Then u can trash boulder all u want.

This post takes all. Everyone else may now go home/to bed.

last year blue didnt even have a park oopen on first day we had to wait like a week for lower terrain park to open, so untilblue gets sidewinder open and boulder is tiny compared to blue they have less trails then blue so until blue can get some decent cold weather that doesnt go away after like 3 days so they can start getting everything else open u kno how long its going to take until the park will be open unless they start blowing snow there next week so we can have it open by the end of jan. and also it helped that they had the guys from jiblab make all there rails for them in a short amount of time which later they were let go or whatever happened, blue had more important things to do like get the new lift working properly and finishing up widing sidewinder

how about we put this topic on hold until then STFU

I like how everyone talks about the big mofo money booter, 70 foot jump. But how many of you have actually done that when it was truly 70 feet??? I know i tried it at the slopestyle and it ate me alive. I hit the knuckle and it bounced me 10 feet in the air, and then i missed almost the whole landing. But how many people actually hit this thing other then maybe maxwell????? i know its cool to say yeah we got a 70 foot booter but why not put somehting a little more practical in like a 50 or a 55??? not some ridiculouse 70 footer that no ones gonna hit. Yeah im all for progression of parks on the east coast but the spot where that booter is located is just not very good for how big it is... just my opinion

I hit that shit almost every run. The biggest spin I got was a 5 but I threw rodeos over it and stuff. It really wasnt that big of a jump. I know so many people that hit it and when it was at max. Probably more skiiers but still many people have done it. The Po's were throwing down over that thing big time last year.

Edited by Rodeo Steve

Before Sidewinder was a TP it was my favorite trail,now that it's a TP it's even more exciting imo.I like going down after it's first built because you don't know WHAT to expect around each bend.I also like the fact that it flow's and you don't get all those hiker's in there like in a small,straight park.People mostly just hit and run.Really,when Blue is in tippy-top shape it can't be compared to the small mountain's.After you do a good run down Sidewinder to the high-speed six-pack or quad,you leg's are burning and your adrenaline is pumping.

Before Sidewinder was a TP it was my favorite trail,now that it's a TP it's even more exciting imo.I like going down after it's first built because you don't know WHAT to expect around each bend.I also like the fact that it flow's and you don't get all those hiker's in there like in a small,straight park.People mostly just hit and run.Really,when Blue is in tippy-top shape it can't be compared to the small mountain's.After you do a good run down Sidewinder to the high-speed six-pack or quad,you leg's are burning and your adrenaline is pumping.

^^^you are wayyy to high on life my frined blues no mountain creek but its descent....lmaothe guy from jfbb said that bb was gonna be the best park in pa and i quote "in pa...and probobly the east coast!..." what a lie that was hahahah

you sound like a perfect example of why the parks at blue get shitty and unsafe. "I like to ski through the park, using the jumps and rails as slalom gates. Sometimes, when i'm really pushing the edge, i hit the small jumps with the rails in the way"

...Sorry if i'm off, but people like so piss me off.

^^^you are wayyy to high on life my frined blues no mountain creek but its descent....lmaothe guy from jfbb said that bb was gonna be the best park in pa and i quote "in pa...and probobly the east coast!..." what a lie that was hahahah

You are wayy too high. The guy from jfbb was right, for the most part. BB probably has the best park around here, and probably will. Blue's not perfect by any means, but with more and more park interest, things are only bound to get better. Once blue gets into a steady rhythm, things will improve. As far as jfbb being the best on the east coast, i'm not really sure, seeing as i haven't honestly ridden many other parks on the east coast.

Lol you guy's are giving me grief even when I'm trying to plug your TP.I would never dream of going through a TP with fruit boot's on firstly,secondly I believe every park should have SS sign's and that they should be enforced.Park passes are a good idea too.I don't ever remember getting hurt or hurting anyone while I was out riding.I have been riding since about 1992 before some of you were even born I bet.

At this very moment, JFBB has the best park in our region, Mountain & Bear Creek are closed, Blue is closed, Camelback and Shawnee I don't even know if they are open, but they don't have parks worth thinking about. Hunter's park is worthless all the time. I was just in Mount Snow, it isn't half as good as JFBB was when I left and now I hear they are building on Boulder Park? Word is Killington isn't as good as JFBB either, we'll see what Papasteeze says when he heads up to VT and NH this weekend, but I think the best on the East title might stand for this week at least. Obviously when the cold comes back VT will top it, but right now, I can see that claim holding water.

i was just up at killy and okemo, and i was at boulder tonight. boulder wins, hands down. okemo has a nicer jump, but there is only one, and none of their rails are all too great. killy's park is a waste right now. blue, when you can finally blow snow again, get your shit together and make it so everyone doesnt want to to go boulder to ride park. we all know you can make nice snow and fun setups when you try...