No more Blue

AtomicSkier

After closing at 4 today, they'll be closed till they can make more snow :banghead

This will probably be the story for all the area resorts. Hopefully all this warm weather will be behind us in a few days and everyone's 100% open by the end of January.

It isn't suprising though. With good snowmaking days so few and far between it is suprising they made it as long as they have. However, it looks as if temps are going to cool off after this weekend and hopefully BC, blue, CB, etc can make some snow and finish off the season on a good note. This warm weather is not a new thing either. I was listening to the radio this morning on my way to work and in 1998 Philadelphia received 7/10 " of snow for the entire season, plus it was quite warm.

gahhh... unbelieveable :crymore:

oh well... anybody up for surfing saturday? oc wave report looks great :D

i was thinking the same thing all this week. i know the surf is good during the winter around here but its usually too cold. im thinking about heading to the sandy hook area.

i was planning on going to blue, but surfing is looking like a better alternative to riding this weekend.

No Blue will stay open, but from 8-4 DAILY.

DUE TO THE LACK OF COOPERATION FROM MOTHER NATURE FOR SNOWMAKING WE ARE TEMPORARILY CLOSING TODAY...JANUARY 5TH...AT 4 PM AND WILL REOPEN FOR SKIING AND RIDING WHEN SNOWMAKING TEMPERATURES RETURN. OUR FORECAST INDICATES THE POSSIBILITY OF MAKING SNOW MONDAY, TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY EVENING. UNTIL WE REOPEN FOR SKIING AND RIDING WE WILL BE CONDUCTING REGULAR BUSINESS HOURS BETWEEN 8AM TO 4PM DAILY.

My Dad played Golf yesterday at Olde Homestead..I've actually turned down a few golf invites the past few weeks...one of which would have gotten me out of work for half the day..but maybe I'll at least hit the driving range tomorrow or something or maybe go to the beach and go boogie boarding..

Head up to frost or boulder. I was also thinking about heading to Blue next week .... :banghead

Edited by bigdaddyk

at least i got to enjoy prob the last time to ride in january when i went last wednesday

buttttttt

im leaving for quebec sunday so fuck you poconos

have fun with your rain and 70 degree weather while im banging girls that speak french and shit

i'll be thinking about you guys as im shredding backcountry pow

good talk see you out there

It isn't suprising though. With good snowmaking days so few and far between it is suprising they made it as long as they have. However, it looks as if temps are going to cool off after this weekend and hopefully BC, blue, CB, etc can make some snow and finish off the season on a good note. This warm weather is not a new thing either. I was listening to the radio this morning on my way to work and in 1998 Philadelphia received 7/10 " of snow for the entire season, plus it was quite warm.

It happens everywhere.. There are always going to be warm seasons. People just blow shit up out of proportion.. 2 years ago in the almighty PNW, Crystal and Stevens were BONE DRY in the middle of January. Just rained even in the mountains. In 1976 Telluride, CO was open for 12 days.. So it's not the end of the world people. Look Stevens and Crystal are going off this year.. There is always going to be a bad season some where.

Yes, there is global warming, but El Nino is playing the biggest role this season, which is why its so damn warm.

at least i got to enjoy prob the last time to ride in january when i went last wednesday

buttttttt

im leaving for quebec sunday so fuck you poconos

have fun with your rain and 70 degree weather while im banging girls that speak french and shit

i'll be thinking about you guys as im shredding backcountry pow

good talk see you out there

Um.. There is no BC pow in quebec right now. So have fun. Any snow in the woods right now is a death trap, so unless you want to end up with a broken leg, and face. I would stay out of the woods. There is no way Tremblant has recived enough snow to make good woods skiing, snow snakes will be out in full force.

Just looked up Tremblants snowfall this year. 19 inches... Have fun with that BC pow.

Edited by KnuckleDragger

Well whether your going to Quebec City or Tremblant, there will be no back country, there will be no powder, and there won't be a full mountain. Tremblant is doing ok, but realize their snowmaking is slow and steady because they are used to consistant cold temperatures. Southern Vermont mountains are used to making a lot of snow fast because they get smaller snow making windows, so actually Killy, Mount Snow, Stratton, Okemo, are better off than Tremblant.

And even in a good season, there isn't much back country at Tremblant (although I found a bit the first week of January last year, don't expect that much this year, they had 3 feet the week before I came last season)

p1100018mx7.jpg

Oh, and the girls who speak french are busted, but my hotel had a lot of Penn State coeds last year, and that was nice.

But, there will be plenty of groomed trails, plenty of beer, and plenty of American college girls, so shift your expectations a little and you'll have a blast.