Anyone know how late sno plans on stayin open?

sjb269

TAKE IT FROM AN INSIDE GUY,

SNO HAS NO PLANS TO CLOSE EARLY. IF YOU GUYS KEEP COMING SNO WILL BE OPEN TIL THERES ONLY GRASS LEFT ON THE TRAILS. THERES A TOUGHT OUT THERE THAT SNO WILL CLOSE EARLY TO START CONSTRUCTION ON SUMMER EVENTS. NOT TRUE, IF SKIERS AND BORDERS ARE COMING SNO WILL BE OPEN. AS FAR AS CHARGING SEASON PASSES HOLDERS 10 BUCKS, CANT SEE IT. SNO KNOWS WE HAD A LATE OPENING AND WANTS TO GIVE THE SEASON PASS GUYS AS MANY DAYS AS POSSILBE OUT ON THE SLOPES. YOU GUYS TRUSTED US AND PURCHASED PASSES BEFORE WE OPENED. THAT MEANS ALOT TO US. AND AS FOR THE NEW HIGH SPEED........ IF THERES IS ONE WHERE WOULD YOU GUYS WANT IT? AND BY THE WAY, PLEASE QUIT SMASHIN MY NUTS ABOUT LIFT SPEED, THERE ARE AS FAST AS THE STATE LETS US GO.

caps.jpg

I'm not even an inside guy, and I could've told everyone that. I'm pretty sure that's how every mountain thinks, yes, even Camelback.

THANKS FOR THE INFO LIFTGUY AND WELCOME TO PASR. ITS NICE TO HAVE AN INSIDE GUY ON HERE, MAYBE YOU CAN BE A MOUNTAIN REP. I'LL STOP SMASHING YOUR NUTS ABOUT LIFT SPEED. I HAD NO IDEA THE STATE WAS IN CHARGE OF LIFT SPEED...
haha Doug I like how you typed that all in caps :rofl

AND AS FOR THE NEW HIGH SPEED........ IF THERES IS ONE WHERE WOULD YOU GUYS WANT IT? AND BY THE WAY, PLEASE QUIT SMASHIN MY NUTS ABOUT LIFT SPEED, THERE ARE AS FAST AS THE STATE LETS US GO.

Welcome to the forum liftguy.

The new lift location would depend on the new trail locations and if the Long Haul is being taken out.

The Long Haul was running faster yesterday than it was last Sunday when you had to start it after the Phoebe went down.

What would it take to get the existing lifts up to the original design speed?

Edited by trackbiker

THANKS FOR THE INFO LIFTGUY AND WELCOME TO PASR. ITS NICE TO HAVE AN INSIDE GUY ON HERE, MAYBE YOU CAN BE A MOUNTAIN REP. I'LL STOP SMASHING YOUR NUTS ABOUT LIFT SPEED. I HAD NO IDEA THE STATE WAS IN CHARGE OF LIFT SPEED...

:rofl, they state doesent have legislation on how fast lifts can go. Sno's insurance might regulate that though

Im sure they do, but they dont tell them how fast they are allowed to run them. Most fixed grip chair lifts are capable of running at 500-600 feet per minute, but ski area operators generally dont run them at top speed. For one, it is harder work for chair attendants, and their insurance probably dictates how fast they can run them anyway...

"liftguy" who exactly are you? Liftie, supervisor, manager, poser, none of the above? as for chairs running up to 600 feet per minute i couldn't imagine that. Shuttle runs around 330 fpm and twice that amount people would be having their legs taken out from under them at Sno mountain..

The long haul lift was running at the same speed. 375 fpm. I really dont know why people seem to think that they are faster one day than the other. Maybe becuase less people are fallin getting on the lift. therefore you get to the top faster. the only lift besides the bunny lift that we would put under 375 fpm is shuttle on days when there are a ton of beginners fallin. thats to try to keep the lift fron stoppin to much. Our lifts are also longer than alot of other ones in the area. Shuttle and Iron horse should take you guys up in 7.5 minutes if the lift never stops. Phoebe snow is like 6 minutes non stop and Long haul is 14.5 minutes non stop. Hay time it when your on the lift, if its longer than that let me know, but we have digital drives that are very good at keeping that speed.

THE STATE DOESNT TELL YOU HOW FAST YOU COULD RUN? TELL JOE MARCHIONI THAT FROM THE STATE. IF YOU DONT KNOW HE IS THE HEAD OF SKI LIFT INSPECTIONS. YOU HAVE TO RUN NO FASTER THAN WHAT THE LIFT WAS DESIGNED FOR. CAN YOU RUN IT SLOWER? ... YES. FASTER... DEFINATELY NOT.

WHO AM I?

IM THE LIFT DIRECTOR. THE LIFTS ARE CAPABLE OF 375 FPM. SHUTTLE GETS SLOWED DOWN SOMETIMES BECUASE OF BEGINNER SKIERS. THEY CANT LOAD SA FAST AS AN EXPERT.

ANY QUESTIONS OR IDEAS YOU GUYS HAVE, ILL BE GLAD TO HELP AND/OR LISTEN TO THEM. I'LL ALSO DO MY BEST TO GET THE QUESTION TO THE RIGHT PERSON. SNO IS HERE FOR THE BOARDERS AND SKIERS. WE WANT TO DO WANT YOU GUYS WANT. WE RECENTLY FORMED A WHOLE DEPARTMENT JUST FOR THE PARK. THERE IS EVEN TALKS OF MAYBE....... MAYBE HAVING 3 PARKS NEXT YEAR. LETS US KNOW WANT YOU WANT.

ANY QUESTIONS OR IDEAS YOU GUYS HAVE, ILL BE GLAD TO HELP AND/OR LISTEN TO THEM. I'LL ALSO DO MY BEST TO GET THE QUESTION TO THE RIGHT PERSON. SNO IS HERE FOR THE BOARDERS AND SKIERS. WE WANT TO DO WANT YOU GUYS WANT. WE RECENTLY FORMED A WHOLE DEPARTMENT JUST FOR THE PARK. THERE IS EVEN TALKS OF MAYBE....... MAYBE HAVING 3 PARKS NEXT YEAR. LETS US KNOW WANT YOU WANT.

Here is a question.

I am curious, do you know the guy in your department that was interviewed by a San Francisco radio station for not allowing an employee to have time off to attend a National Championship competition?

I'll try to get the sound bytes for posting. Funny stuff..

riderossi: do you really work at Sno? How come you've never said 'HEY'?

Yeah i work there 5 days a week, 4 day shifts one night shift (sunday). I'm usually at a top shack (iron horse or phoebe) so i don't get much interaction with people unless i'm building a killer sectional sofa at the top of Iron Horse like i did today :rock . Tomorrow there's a good chance i'll be at the top of Iron horse, 8-315ish.

• 16 years later...
34 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

My guess is either this Sunday 3/10 or the following Sunday 3/17

Thanks, I was wondering how long Mount Sno in Moosic will be open until. I want to ride the super duper long chair lift that takes 13 minutes all day long. That would be rad

• Boner City 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Maybe we can get @RajeevGuptaSucheeta to come 

That would be grate. Since the lift has 3 seats Rajeef Gupta can sit in the middle with his Burton snowbord on and we can catch up on what's new at the hill station in Mumbai and if it is in monsoon season there

• Boner City 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, saltyant said:

That would be grate. Since the lift has 3 seats Rajeef Gupta can sit in the middle with his Burton snowbord on and we can catch up on what's new at the hill station in Mumbai and if it is in monsoon season there

That’s exactly what I was thinking…Rajeev in the middle. Would be like the reverse of an Oreo cookie.  @toastman might wanna come. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

That’s exactly what I was thinking…Rajeev in the middle. Would be like the reverse of an Oreo cookie.  @toastman might wanna come. 

Yes yes yes. Toast Man would probably skin up the mountain faster than it would take for you, me and Rajeef to ride the Long Long Haul lift. Yes yes

7 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Yes yes yes. Toast Man would probably skin up the mountain faster than it would take for you, me and Rajeef to ride the Long Long Haul lift. Yes yes

Yes yes after we ski Rajeev sister Jaya make us good goat…she can tell us about the Hill stations in Gulmarj and paint red dots on our forehead. 

• Boner City 1