Blue the True (TR: 12/23/07)

toast21602

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get over it..you get the morphine at the hospital..that's how it always works.

im not arguing cause ultimately its what jeff thinks. and thats not how it always works doug.

but come on, you break your femur and slide down the slope to a stop. it swells up in a good position and starts to feel a little better. then patrol comes and tells you they need to move your leg to get it on the sled? fuck that. its like breaking your femur twice for no reason. at least with morphine you wont feel anything...and thats what matters to me.

Edited by shadows

im not arguing cause ultimately its what jeff thinks. and thats not how it always works doug.

but come on, you break your femur and slide down the slope to a stop. it swells up in a good position and starts to feel a little better. then patrol comes and tells you they need to move your leg to get it on the sled? fuck that. its like breaking your femur twice for no reason. at least with morphine you wont feel anything...and thats what matters to me.

either he could have left his leg the way it was, risking the possibility of cutting off the blood supply to the rest of his leg and having even worse injuries, or they move his leg to put it in traction so he is in less pain and has less of a risk of complications, while only having some serious pain for 5 seconds while they move him. so without having the ability to give him any meds, the 5 seconds of intense pain is the best option to take.

holy shit thats a horrible idea blue. what the hell. thats really not good at all.

i never knew that. a mountain that big with that many weekend/holiday crowds should be stacked on morphine.

We talked about this a lot when you got bucked in Whistler. They are allowed to give you drugs on-site up there in Canada ehh.

Sorry to hear about A-Jeff.

Hopefully, with modern medicine, he'll be back on the slopes this season.

Time heals bones not medicine. I'd say with something like a shattered femur between the healing and PT it's gonna take sometime to get over this one. but what do i know.

We talked about this a lot when you got bucked in Whistler. They are allowed to give you drugs on-site up there in Canada ehh.

yea, i apologize guys. its just the kind of thing when you know something exists to make things easier but cant have it. so no US resort can give drugs on site? i just figured there was some sort of consistency between different ski patrol divisions/countries.

Time heals bones not medicine. I'd say with something like a shattered femur between the healing and PT it's gonna take sometime to get over this one. but what do i know.

when i broke my wrist i got a bone stimulator. didnt work real well though. i think all it does is increase blood flow to the affect area.

yea, i apologize guys. its just the kind of thing when you know something exists to make things easier but cant have it. so no US resort can give drugs on site? i just figured there was some sort of consistency between different ski patrol divisions/countries.

Well I think there is some difference between what people can and can't do medically between the two countries. Like all of us saw you got hurt in Whistler, but none of us filled out any paperwork or witness reports like we would have had to do at most places in the U.S. Also, I think it depends on the level of training you have and that kinda thing as well. Not all of the patrollers at your accident in Whistler were qualified to give you drugs if I remember correctly.

unless they have somebody there who is certified to prescribe or dispense drugs they cant really have any... especially if they are a minor.

Call me ignorant, but are you guys talking about giving someone morphine through an IV? Because first responders are not allowed to insert an IV. Not even EMTs are permitted to insert an IV. Only paramedics, right?

Call me ignorant, but are you guys talking about giving someone morphine through an IV? Because first responders are not allowed to insert an IV. Not even EMTs are permitted to insert an IV. Only paramedics, right?

yeah, they injected dan with a syringe like he was shooting up heroin. my bet is it has something to do with the government sponsored healthcare up there as well.