Roll Call 3/28/09

RootDKJ

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm

Are you coming? This is looking like it's going to have a great turnout. Camelback is hosting two events on Saturday.

1pm - Pond Skimming

http://www.skicamelback.com/SkiCamelback/C...h-28,-2009.aspx

3pm - Alien Invasion Rail Jam

http://www.skicamelback.com/SkiCamelback/C...-2009!.aspx

I just looked at the weather for Saturday, and there's some rain in the forecast so just let me be very clear on this:

This is a rain or shine event! There's no fairweather skiers/riders in spring conditions!!!

There, I feel better now. I expect to see everyone there at 9:30, top of Sullys.

Edited by RootDKJ

None of the front four are bumped :blink: .........it's spring and we have no bumps :banghead ......I guess if you want to call lower Cleo a bump run go ahead but the uphill skate back to the Sullivan is more of a workout. hahaha

Now there is a chance if we can recruite some of the Ski School slackers and this crew....maybe,just maybe we could build a nice line or two on one of them. I'll prolly roll in around 10-11 on Friday and depending on temps mid-morning on Sat and Sun.

Parking at the Sun Bowl Area is key if you want to um...er...let your dog out for a walk...and have a beer and er...um....you get the point. ;) Also you can change and head to the lift from the parking lot. Also, it's where all the cool people park. B)

Nonono the cool people park at the Stevenson and hike up and down the mud cliff!

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

30% of "few showers" for saturday...AKA no rain.

100% of "few showers" is still only a few showers.

WERD!

That would require slow and deliberate turns..something that I really enjoy..

Really......word on the street is you have a tendency of pissing off herbs and Patrol with your low altitude high speed fly bye's. :lol::lol:

From wunderground.com:

Saturday

Partly sunny in the morning...then becoming mostly cloudy. A 50 percent chance of showers. Highs in the mid 50s.

Saturday Night

Rain likely. Lows around 40. Chance of rain 60 percent.

Looks like a 50% chance of NazarethSkier attending :lol:

Did you drink the Bob and Sexkitten fairweather kool-aid??? Check yourself before you wreck yourself!!!

Who else is coming to Camelback Saturday??? Isn't Nile Mile a slow skiing run??? I don't want to get in trouble with the ski patrol and rangers..

Dude, if they have not tossed my ass out in the last three weeks.......I've given them every opportunity :D .....you are go to go. Turn up the volume and bring on the dancin' girls.

And yes you can travel at high rates of speed on the mile. Gotta' do it once.......just once.

Did you drink the Bob and Sexkitten fairweather kool-aid??? Check yourself before you wreck yourself!!!

Who else is coming to Camelback Saturday??? Isn't Nile Mile a slow skiing run??? I don't want to get in trouble with the ski patrol and rangers..

No one is going to yell at you for skiing fast at Camelback unless your a gaper trying to ski fast which I know your not B) On my way up there now :rock

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

Isn't Nile Mile a slow skiing run??? I don't want to get in trouble with the ski patrol and rangers..
Didn't used to be, but get there early and wait for a window of emptiness in front of you. There's a trail here I like ....hmmm, maybe two.... to bomb when it's midweek and no boarders are leaping out of the trees into my path. I got my first taste of nice fast cruising on Nile Mile and it's still good for a run or so even when there's freshies in the woods.

I'm out. Combination of too much to do, had a short week of work since I just got back from Vermont Monday night. Plus my younger son is getting a bit burned out with all the traveling. They are bugging me to have friends sleep over this weekend. Guess my season is pretty much done. Boo.

hopefully cb will keep that core 8 trails open for the 4th... They were money last year, even with the rain... That will probably be my last day before Whistler... I may get in a day on the 11th at belleayre if they are still open, but if not I will settle for a last day at cb LOL

hopefully cb will keep that core 8 trails open for the 4th... They were money last year, even with the rain... That will probably be my last day before Whistler... I may get in a day on the 11th at belleayre if they are still open, but if not I will settle for a last day at cb LOL

They said on the snowphone today they plan to be 100% for this weekend. They've been closing random trails here and there during the week to preserve snow for the weekends.