The official Vancouver Winter Olympics thread

RidgeRacer

I'm pretty stoked for the games. The woman's downhill should be fun to watch since there's already plenty of smack talk...

http://www.nbcolympics.com/olympicpulse/blogs/blog=viewfromthechairlift/postid=411977.html#rivals+questioning+vonns+injury

"Rivals questioning Vonn's injury

The hubbub around Lindsey Vonn continues, as people await her first official trip down the Whistler Creekside Franz Run course with skis on her feet and a clock running.

Before that happens, though, her rivals are chiming in.

Swedish veteran Alpine skier Anja P

some dude already died in luge. shit was crazy. if you can find a video still go watch it before it gets taken down. luge is stupid fast.

They were reaching speeds in the mid 90s during the practice runs. This track at Whistler is supposed to be the most dangerous in the world. What happened is really a shame...should never have happened.

Who approved the design of that track? Having those steel beams right there? No set back, no padding, no nothing. Whoever came up with that idea was just wrong from the beginning. Had he flipped out and skidded across the ground he would have been alright, but those beams were right there. I really hope they are completely removed before they get to use the track tomorrow.

This is a terrible thing to see. My heart goes out to his family and all the Georgians.

Who approved the design of that track? Having those steel beams right there? No set back, no padding, no nothing. Whoever came up with that idea was just wrong from the beginning. Had he flipped out and skidded across the ground he would have been alright, but those beams were right there. I really hope they are completely removed before they get to use the track tomorrow.

This is a terrible thing to see. My heart goes out to his family and all the Georgians.

I don't think they can be removed in time, because they're the supports for the awning...but they can pad them, put netting that's really taught instead.

I read somewhere that the temperature could have been the cause. It was too warm for the ice to keep its grippy-ness, so the rails of the luge couldn't stay in the ice, cause the luge to lose control.

Holy shit did anyone just see the short track finals? LOL About to be a Korean sweep then 2 of the 3 Koreans take each other out right before the line :blink:

That was crazy. They practically handed Ohno and the other American guy Silver and Bronze.

How 'bout Hannah Kearney from Vermont taking gold in Women's moguls? She needed a perfect run to knock the Canadian girl from the top spot and nailed it...exciting stuff.

snowboard-cross is just soo...well, gay :ugh2gay: just watching their arms flail and the overall sloppy appearance in which they ride makes me cringe a bit.

not saying the guys arent world class athletes and damn fast, just not my kind of snowboarding. damn I wish hockey would start soon

nbcolympics.com

In theory, it shows the tv schedules. However, it will be like, from 2-5, it's mens DH, women's xc, and curling trials. So, you don't really know when an event will be on. Not helpful. Esp. when they show lame events.

Heh, my mistake. I went to that site before and clicked on Schedule and Results instead of TV Listings.

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks. However, still bad news... that 5-racer coverage of the downhill was in fact all they showed....