get yer chit outta my locker

Robert2

I got a notice from blue mountain in the mail today that said I must empty my season rental locker

by April because Blue is going to do maintenance on the season lockers.

What a crock of shit.

Blue should be figuring out how to better maintain the keyed quarters lockers.

nimrods.

I pulled my board out of my Blue season locker last night. I won't be back.

It was such a waste to invest in Blue this year.

I'm sure the PASR blue crew will keep us posted as to how they fix the problems we witnessed this year.

Between the dirty volcanic ash sharp ice they called snow and the key lockers fiasco I wouldn't pay for a season pass this

coming year. Blue just hasn't made any effort to earn my tourist dollars. They really let this place go to shit.

Too bad, I heard is was a nice place a long time ago.

• Like 2

This was a great season at Blue. Your locker issues was hardly a problem, and a problem that none of us season pass holders care about quite honestly as we boot up at the car. Blue is a great place to ski, it just might not be for you. It sounds like JF is the place for you.

I only visited Blue once this year on one of those few Pocono DEEP powder days and it was a great time. I even went and checked the quarter locker area and they looked crisp freshly painted and the open ones were all empty. When you go to a ski resort mid winter on a Friday night some icy conditions are to be expected it's foolish to expect otherwise unless its exceptionally warm or snowing. It's the busiest weekday and by night the trails get scraped and icy.

The best place to ride weekday nights around here is Big Boulder since they don't open until the afternoon and groom during the day.

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE
  • Like 1

I got a notice from blue mountain in the mail today that said I must empty my season rental locker

by April because Blue is going to do maintenance on the season lockers.

What a crock of shit.

Since it's a seasonal rental locker, aren't you supposed to empty it out at the end of the season? I don't see what the issue is.

• Like 3

Since it's a seasonal rental locker, aren't you supposed to empty it out at the end of the season? I don't see what the issue is.

This says it all right here.

It's a seasonal locker, the ski season is over.

The letter sounds like a nice way of saying to those people who rent them to pick up their shit.

• Like 2

This says it all right here.

It's a seasonal locker, the ski season is over.

The letter sounds like a nice way of saying to those people who rent them to pick up their shit.

All I was saying about that letter was that they could have posted on their web site the contents of that letter

and the time , effort, and money spent on that letter to 200 people would have been better spent on fixing the

worn out key locks on the 3 quarter lockers in the valley lodge.

I gave Blue Mountain a fair chance at making this work for me this year and last year.

As a paying customer at a tourist destination I don't expect any miracles.

I expected lifts to be running on beginner hills.

I expected those beginner hills to be groomed, not sharp dirty volcanic ash chunks of black ice.

I expected to find working lockers so I could get off a bus, lock up my stuff,

and go ride, without having to shit around for an hour finding Blue staff that could locate a working, locking

locker for me.

I DON'T ski ONLY when it snows.

I'm an all weather customer.

I come on a bus and have to have extra clothes if its cold and have a place to stash clothes I don't need if

I'm too warm. Get it wrong, catch a chest cold and die.

When I come off the snow I am drenched in sweat from the 3 hour workout and I change into

dry, clean, street clothes.... and wait , sometimes 2 hours for my ride.

So I need reliable indoor lockers at Blue. Its that simple.

I don't ski at dawn ... never get fresh tracks and first chair.

That never bothered me. I arrive on a bus, to meet people who come on a bus on Fridays.

I'm not concerned with the hills being "skied off" or trashed by hours of skiing.

I ONLY WENT TO BLUE to use the beginner areas and ski lifts so when I reported what I found and why it

bothered me it really didn't require any advice from you guys telling me I would be better off arriving at dawn

to get great conditions and avoid crowds. That really didn't mean much to me.

The fact that you guys boot up in the lot , eat at BM diner, and leave before the crowds show up sort of spells out

the facts.

Blue doesn't make much of an effort to make the place work for people like me who can't pick the time I arrive or leave and have no car to stow gear or bug out to eat.

I had two Fridays at Blue this year that I got to go free ride while I waited for my student to arrive and

I was very pleased with the snow I got to ride on those two days.

If every day you go to Blue is like those two days then ..YES... I would agree it was a good year at Blue

but this is not the case.

YOU guys reported the death cookies at the beginning of the season, not me.

I guess I just got spoiled by doing 5 days a week for 3 years at Jack frost and having 100 percent

immaculate grooming for the whole season... first day to last day on the snow.

Its good to hear you guys had a good season at Blue.

I piped up about the lockers because if they refuse to fix them I can't come back to Blue by bus.

I bought the Blue season pass to do Friday nights at Blue.

It was doable..... only if I could get a locker at the valley lodge..... which didn't seem too unrealistic to me

or too high an expectation.

I arrive by bus 3 hours before the massive after school buses crowds arrive so getting a 3 quarter locker wasn't impossible.

Finding one that worked, that actually locked and let go of a key... that was a disaster.

So for all the new improvements at blue, fire pits, patio bar, air bag, I would expect simple key locker maintenance to be done without ME having to be the guy that gets fucked over and then make some noise about it.

They should have taken care of this issue a long time ago.

Nimrods.

• Like 2

All I was saying about that letter was that they could have posted on their web site the contents of that letter

and the time , effort, and money spent on that letter to 200 people would have been better spent on fixing the

I gave Blue Mountain a fair chance at making this work for me this year and last year.

I expected those beginner hills to be groomed, not sharp dirty volcanic ash chunks of black ice.

and go ride, without having to shit around for an hour finding Blue staff that could locate a working, locking

locker for me.

I come on a bus and have to have extra clothes if its cold and have a place to stash clothes I don't need if

When I come off the snow I am drenched in sweat from the 3 hour workout and I change into

That never bothered me. I arrive on a bus, to meet people who come on a bus on Fridays.

I'm not concerned with the hills being "skied off" or trashed by hours of skiing.

I ONLY WENT TO BLUE to use the beginner areas and ski lifts so when I reported what I found and why it

bothered me it really didn't require any advice from you guys telling me I would be better off arriving at dawn

The fact that you guys boot up in the lot , eat at BM diner, and leave before the crowds show up sort of spells out

the facts.

Blue doesn't make much of an effort to make the place work for people like me who can't pick the time I arrive or leave and have no car to stow gear or bug out to eat.

I had two Fridays at Blue this year that I got to go free ride while I waited for my student to arrive and

If every day you go to Blue is like those two days then ..YES... I would agree it was a good year at Blue

I guess I just got spoiled by doing 5 days a week for 3 years at Jack frost and having 100 percent

I piped up about the lockers because if they refuse to fix them I can't come back to Blue by bus.

It was doable..... only if I could get a locker at the valley lodge..... which didn't seem too unrealistic to me

I arrive by bus 3 hours before the massive after school buses crowds arrive so getting a 3 quarter locker wasn't impossible.

Finding one that worked, that actually locked and let go of a key... that was a disaster.

So for all the new improvements at blue, fire pits, patio bar, air bag, I would expect simple key locker maintenance to be done without ME having to be the guy that gets fucked over and then make some noise about it.

Nimrods.

why don't you have the bus drop you off at the top lodge and use the VIP room? there are a lot of lockers in there, and i'd imagine if there's a complaint about a locker in there, they know it's from a passholder, and would more likely be taken care of in a more efficient manner. also, the main rental shop is up there, as well as all the management, so they're better suited to handling that sort of thing anyway. the place can't be perfect for everyone, and it really seems like you just got unlucky. i don't use a locker often anymore, but when i did i never had any issues at blue. way less of a hassle than the digital lockers that bear and some places i've been out west have. they give you a printout with your locker number and your code on it. if it gets wet while riding and you can't read it, you're more or less screwed.

• Like 1

locker for me.

the facts.

Nimrods.

Oh just shut the hell up already! I can't stand your rambling! Buy a fucking car too!

• Like 8

why don't you have the bus drop you off at the top lodge and use the VIP room? there are a lot of

My seasonal locker was at the top lodge.

They are built for storing skis... real deep and narrow.

Too narrow to stow my duffel bag and backpack.

Since I was going to Blue to teach newbies I figured I'd scope out the teaching area in the valley and set up base camp at lockers down there.

That way my student would not have to waste time and energy

getting in and out, in and out of clothes, in and out to pee, or eat.

I always brought a full set of body armor for my student and all this stuff adds up to

bulk that just does not fit in the season lockers.

So I figured getting two keyed 75 cent lockers would be perfect at 2PM every Friday.

Then I could go freeride until my student arrived on a bus at 6PM.

No key lockers. No free riding. Its that simple.

So yea, I got fucked out of a season pass.

It wouldn't bother me as much if it were a simple one time issue but I was told

by employees at Blue that these key mechanisms were worn out and failing for YEARs

and everyone knew they were broken LAST year.

Nimrods.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

Complaining about lockers....really? Find a place to stash your stuff. I promise, no one wants to steal your dirty ski clothes. Find something useful to complain about.

I'm not talking about dirty ski clothes.

I'm talking about brand new clothes, all layers, mittens, helmet, goggles and armor for my student.

The goggles alone cost $50.

You promise what?

Assholes steal the worthless stuff at Blue all the time and you promise what?

My stuff is safe stashed where?

Bullshit.

I'm not talking about dirty ski clothes.

I'm talking about brand new clothes, all layers, mittens, helmet, goggles and armor for my student.

The goggles alone cost $50.

You promise what?

Assholes steal the worthless stuff at Blue all the time and you promise what?

My stuff is safe stashed where?

Bullshit.

Believe me, with all the good top quality boards, top of the line ski/board wear and helmets, goggles etc. laying around there noone wants your army navy board, sports authority goggles, and walmart ski clothes.

Man up bro... it's a locker

Edit...that came out a little harsher than I meant it. Point being, I think everyone gets your feelings on the whole locker issue... they should work, they don't, they should fix them, they spend their money elsewhere.... we get it...

Edited by phillycore
  • Like 1

I think R2's whole point was that he's pissed that they're doing maintenance on the seasonal lockers, not the coin operated lockers.

R2...A Jeff just made your point for you in one sentence. I dont know that paragraph after paragraph of calling people "nimrods" is going to help you get your point across or gain you any sympathy for what your angry about...just my opinion.

Edited by PA Ridge Racer
  • Like 3

R2...A Jeff just made your point for you in one sentence. I dont know that paragraph after paragraph of calling people "nimrods" is going to help you get your point across or gain you any sympathy for what your angry about...just my opinion.

+1 I'm sick of Robert's attitude towards people who don't agree with him or offer other suggestions.

I find an instructor who finds PA black diamonds well beyond their ability level to be to creditable.

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE
  • Like 2

you can fit obscene amounts of stuff in those seasonal lockers. we had 6 pairs of skis and two sets of gloves, goggles, and helmets in there this weekend. i've fit my full size pack in there plenty of times. if it's any consolation robert, they're building more lockers for next season, so maybe some of those will be wider and more accommodating for snowboard gear, thus would work better for the insane amounts of crap you bring to the mountain.