Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

a lot of hate from the JFBB crew about skiing Freedom on opening day when nothing else is open! I still remember no lift lines and fairly empty runs two years ago when Jeff and I went up.

Yep, im probably throwing out the hate pretty hard.  i dislike the fact they concentrate on Freedom, i feel that hurts them in the long run with opening other trails, but they like to be the first to open, so thats what they are gonna do.    The snowmaking capabilities at BB seem to be on the weak side.  This image will be burnt into my eyes forever.  this was a Sunday 2 pm opening, that they announced sometime late morning, and this is the turn out they got.  

post-1753-0-08467000-1448363289_thumb.jpg

i will admit i drove to BB one other year to ski Freedom, not opening day.  i took one look at the lift line, and the XXXXL shirts and turned around.  

post-1753-0-52684200-1448362643.jpg

Edited by JFskiDan
  • Like 2

At this point I don't regret leaving JF. HOWEVER, the mountain itself isn't the biggest reason.

I actually get to ski, when I want, where I want, and without obligations. I technically could have done this at JF as well, but add to the fact that I enjoy skiing with everyone from here and having a good time in the lot as well. This adds a lot to it.

The VIP line is a HUGE factor, otherwise I would Definitely NOT be a pass holder at Blue.

The extra terrain is great, but I sure as hell would not be waiting in the line as long as some of those people have to without saying screw this shit....

No hate on JFBB whatsoever, I love the place and the people there. I despise the freedom shitshow at Boulder.... I love the late opening on weekdays....especially on a pow day. Dan and I got fresh tracks at jf opening.....bolted off to Boulder and had even more.... That makes for a hell of a day.

The VIP line is a HUGE factor, otherwise I would Definitely NOT be a pass holder at Blue.

The extra terrain is great, but I sure as hell would not be waiting in the line as long as some of those people have to without saying screw this shit....

This x100. If Blue did not have a VIP line I would say screw it and do the extra 75 miles each way and go to huntah

• Like 4

A basin was sick. Nice steeps. Nice bumps. Lifts were always stopping for reason though. Didn't really snap any pics there but took a few at Loveland.... Also a fantastic place. Both spots get the Dude's seal of approval. I can't wait to go back when everything is open. What's nice is you don't get that corporatized commercialized feel. It's raw. It's dirty. And it's real.

d117586da695ca79fc24c2eab74931d5.jpg

d732340acc7f5f11f00bd75b56ebf34b.jpg

5891add5de05090f8add92f29cbe89b7.jpg

Also, when I was loading up the car to head back to the airport I looked up and was face to face with this guy:

06074266d7827cfa2dc78100d2da9780.jpg

I froze. Slowly stepped back and took this snap.

Anyway... All this rain would make for a nice coating of snow if it was cold enough. Balls.

• Like 6