Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

One of the models has 47" over Greene county NY where Hunter and Windham are located. For eastern PA looks like temperatures are gonna be in the 23 to 28 degree range and snow could fall for as long as 30 hours from late Monday night until early Wednesday morning.

One of the models has 47" over Greene county NY where Hunter and Windham are located. For eastern PA looks like temperatures are gonna be in the 23 to 28 degree range and snow could fall for as long as 30 hours from late Monday night until early Wednesday morning.

post-512-0-65757300-1489264376_thumb.png

Kinda bummed I'm missing a storm day at Blue. Toast's footage of that one epic storm day a few years ago is worth a replay. Somebody petition Blue to save money and not groom anything but Lazy and Paradise and leave everything untouched.

• Like 1

I'll have a snow day when the schools close, but I don't think I'll be able to get to the mountain with my car. It's a front wheel drive VW wagon with Blizzak snow tires. Baller grip on snow, but no ground clearance. I'm seriously tempted to get a cheap motel room up near Palmerton Monday night just to be able to ski Tuesday. 

Edited by SweetPlanks

I'll have a snow day when the schools close, but I don't think I'll be able to get to the mountain with my car. It's a front wheel drive VW wagon with Blizzak snow tires. Baller grip on snow, but no ground clearance. I'm seriously tempted to get a cheap motel room up near Palmerton Monday night just to be able to ski Tuesday.

That's a good plan. I might sleep in the parking lot or at the Appalachian trail head. Anyway the roads will just be snow packed not like you are gonna be driving through 18" of untracked snow.

My concern as well as I live close. ~4.5" of ground clearance and non winter tires will make it very difficult. I'm in the market for a ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a good plan. I might sleep in the parking lot or at the Appalachian trail head. Anyway the roads will just be snow packed not like you are gonna be driving through 18" of untracked snow.

I'm considering this as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY EVENING THROUGH
TUESDAY EVENING...

The National Weather Service in Mount Holly has issued a Winter
Storm Watch, which is in effect from Monday evening through
Tuesday evening.

* LOCATIONS...Eastern Pennsylvania, all but far southeastern New
Jersey, northern Delaware, and the northern portions of the
Eastern Shore of Maryland.

* HAZARD TYPES...Heavy snow and strong winds.

* ACCUMULATIONS...Potential for storm total snowfall greater than
6 inches. However, there remains uncertainty in exact totals as
a sharp gradient will exist between the heaviest snowfall and
locations where very little snow may occur. Changes to the
forecast track of the storm can result in substantial changes in
the total accumulations.

* TIMING...Snow begins Monday evening from southwest to northeast
across the watch area. Snow will continue on Tuesday with
potential for transition to a wintry mix or rain southeast of
I-95. Any wintry mix or rain may transition back to snow
Tuesday evening before diminishing Tuesday night.

post-2366-0-47587800-1489323457_thumb.jpeg

Tarpon did that once, but I think it was up in Jim Thorpe..