Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

There is considerable agreement between at least three models of a triple series of storms that would leave the mid Atlantic with feet. Timing would be around the 16th.......not sure what to think, I want to be on board and it feels right but I don't want to get too high this far out

• Like 3

I hope this happens...we are way to busy at work for this time of year. Best start of the year since 2011...you'd think I'd be happy about all the business but it's because there's been no snow on the ground. Our office only shut down once this winter due to snow. That is unacceptable.

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

What do you guys do all day? Tombstones stuff dont need a maintenance plan do they?

I dont see how to make the jump to having 40hrs a week of office work. For a startup anyway

No maintenance on tombstones. We have families come in and purchase or at least browse/shop in the office most days...sometimes 4-5 families on a busy day. I have to pay bills, sometimes help deliver guy, train new dealers, assist our dealers, order granite and artwork, send out approval sketches to families, Bill families, schedule deliveries and get cemetery mapping for delivery guy, check new stock that arrives and gather info for accounting plus filing. I also spend plenty of time on PASR and Facebook and eat snacks/lunch. For the hours I put in I do very well. Longest summer days are from like 7am-5pm more typical is 8-3:30...Friday's we often close at noon as I'll purposely not set any appointments after 11am Friday's. I try not to have any weekend appointments during ski season but if a family wants evening or weekend appointment I'll typically accomadate. Our average order is around $2500 so if that means coming in for an hour on a Sunday it's worth it. My close rate is about 65% during normal office hours and about 90% after hours. I've always been an assumptive sales person. I start filling out the contract before the family even says they are gonna buy from us. Typically if they cry they buy. Also typically if it's for a younger person they don't price shop so I don't have to discount. I've had a lot more urban folks lately with Wenz closing on Hamilton street and they are super price sensitive so I'll often discount them if they pay 100% up front or pay in cash.

• Like 5

Seems like there is a growing market maintaining tombstones in Jewish cemeteries under the new administration.

We offered to help reset memorial stones at the cemetery in Philly that was vandalized but a construction company already offered to help and another company donated security Camaras and lighting. Make no mistake Donald trump has always been a friend to the Jews. His daughter and son in law and grand kids are Jewish, most of the executives in his organization are Jews and many of his closest friends and members of his country clubs are Jewish. The guy who called in bomb threats to JCCs was actually an anti Trump wack job..he'll be spending a lot of time in jail.

Ill prob head up today around 1.

If its warm ill break out the tall tees

Post a report!!! I'm not skiing today after work gotta rest up for karaoke but will be up tomorrow night for potentially my last night skiing of the season. Looks cold for the weekend still not to cold for parking lot beers.

My close rate is about 65% during normal office hours and about 90% after hours. I've always been an assumptive sales person. I start filling out the contract before the family even says they are gonna buy from us.

To increase your close rate try the infamous car salesman line, "What would it take to get you to buy this tombstone today?" I'm sure that would go over really big buying a sensitive item like a tombstone. 

That's funny about filling out the sales paperwork before they commit. I do that all the time when people are out on test drives if I think they are going to buy. Sucks when I'm wrong but that doesn't happen often.

To increase your close rate try the infamous car salesman line, "What would it take to get you to buy this tombstone today?" I'm sure that would go over really big buying a sensitive item like a tombstone.

That's funny about filling out the sales paperwork before they commit. I do that all the time when people are out on test drives if I think they are going to buy. Sucks when I'm wrong but that doesn't happen often.

I hate that line. I don't make myself out to be a salesperson. I just give people choices and use subliminal tools to maximize value. One example is polishing...a standard memorial stone is polished on the front and the back and rough on the top and sides...for extra money they can have the top polished and for even more all sides polished. I just say do you want two sides, three sides or five sides polished and they usually say three sides because people generally go for the mid priced option but in this situation the mid priced option is a nice upgrade. It's similar to cars..with the Honda Accord there's a DX, LX and EX model and 80% of people go for the mid range LX model. If I want somebody to buy a larger memorial stone I just say that with the design you picked out it will be a little busy...if I want them to pay the full amount vs a deposit I don't give them the option of making a deposit...ok time to log in another order. I'm also feeling farty which means I probably have to poop.

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1