Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

23 hours ago, saltyant said:

Any recommendations for things to do in downtown Denver? I have all afternoon.  Never been the city really so might as well check it out. Beats sitting in the hotel all day.

Marijuana shopping!

New page!

Edited by RootDKJ
New Page!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, indiggio said:

It just had better keep up into the winter with cold temperatures is all I've got to say.

If you believe in long range forecasts, here is some reading.  Its ok if you want to skip down to the summary at the bottom to bypass all the sciency stuff before that.  

https://www.perspectaweather.com/blog/2018/10/11/2018-2019-winter-outlooklooks-like-a-cold-and-snowy-winter?fbclid=IwAR26B7BVJP9NCZgUxNw5Qf-hm-jJWydGpMzRxtQdgjdos8wHx44a3ilh_rc

He is not the first person that i have seen mention the snowpack in the northern hemisphere giving us a "cold and stormy" winter.  

Im just throwing out some info here.  i'm not into long range forecasts.  At this point though, i do think its a safe bet to say Blue will definitely most likely be open probably in December.   

• Like 1

Killington and SR fired up the guns in earnest last night. Looks like a decent window starting Wednesday night through early Friday and then Saturday night through early next week. I think Killington opens Friday to pass holders and the general public Saturday. Hike to and from the top of the NRT.

2 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

Okemo says they are shooting for an opening day of November 16th.  That kind of surprises me.  i really thought they would have tried to go real aggressive with their snowmaking.  

Yea that seems a little late.

I'm hoping to ride Mount Snow the first weekend of November... I think that's reasonable...?

2 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

Okemo says they are shooting for an opening day of November 16th.  That kind of surprises me.  i really thought they would have tried to go real aggressive with their snowmaking.  

They’re owned by Vail now and said they won’t begin snowmaking until after November 1.  

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

They’re owned by Vail now and said they won’t begin snowmaking until after November 1.  

i thought they would have sort of tried to keep up with Kmart.  Of course, weather permitting.  To me, them announcing an opening date of november 16th says they are taking the safe route, not real concerned about what Kmart is up to.

Yea that seems a little late.
I'm hoping to ride Mount Snow the first weekend of November... I think that's reasonable...?

Everything is a crapshoot this time of the year in New England. Every mountain other than Killington relies on a significant cold blast to get open. If you see a couple days of around the clock snowmaking close to a weekend, that is when they will open. If it’s marginal snowmaking temps, Killington will be the only option. Being able to make snow at the top AND having a higher peak elevation easily gives them a 6-9 degree temperature advantage over other mountains that have to make snow to the base in order to open.
  • Thanks 1

It’s definitely crisp out this morning.  Has that late fall feel. My friend texting me how she’s freezing and had to wear a sweater turtleneck and heat car up ahead of time.  I kind of feel like a pussy cause I’m wearing a light jacket.  RideDE is gonna get his wish. The leaves are gonna fall off the trees really fast this year. 

20 minutes ago, Schif said:

Chilly out there when I took the dog out at 5:45. A decent amount of people near me have fired up their heating systems but I'm still holding out. I broke down and turned on the heated seat in the car though. 

so you are trying to join the "no heat november" club that NMSKI is the president of?  I turned my heat on Sunday night for a little.  it was like 62 in my house.