Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

33 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

Hopefully not Federal. My wife got stuck in Philly for a year and a half every F’n Tuesday. 

Ugh!  I got stuck on a Federal case a few years back.
Luckily it was over in only a few days, but still driving to center city Philly every morning was no fun at all.

8 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

Hopefully the rain didn’t do to much damage.

I have an inch at my place, the wind hasn’t picked up yet. Hopefully the power stays on. 

Looking at Main Street cam, it looks like it survived better than I expected.
There were some skid marks on Saturday and with how warm it was and then the rain, I thought lower would have some bare spots, but looks like it came through ok.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Looking at Main Street cam, it looks like it survived better than I expected.
There were some skid marks on Saturday and with how warm it was and then the rain, I thought lower would have some bare spots, but looks like it came through ok.

i was pretty nervous to look at the cams, but yeah, things look ok.  better than expected.  whats super interesting is if you look at the slopestyle cam, its obvious it snowed there, looking at the sides of the trail.  but on main street cam, no snow on the side of the trail.  same in the valley.  i get it, elevation, but theres not that much between vista and main.  

• Like 4

Forecast for the next few days is so-so.  i mean, it could be worse.  Thurs night into friday looks to have the most significant window.  other nights are just a few hours, but im sure that will help refresh whats open.  

image.png.03eebad2f95837240519e7f8fc59fd84.png

Keep in mind, that last monday is Christmas.  I really hope we get some more open before then.  hopefully they go aggressive when they can turn the shit on.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Forecast for the next few days is so-so.  i mean, it could be worse.  Thurs night into friday looks to have the most significant window.  other nights are just a few hours, but im sure that will help refresh whats open.  

Keep in mind, that last monday is Christmas.  I really hope we get some more open before then.  hopefully they go aggressive when they can turn the shit on.  

They're calling for dryer air this week and coupled with the nightly temps and being closed all week, they *should* be able to get at least Paradise, Coming Soon and maybe even upper Main open.  Of course, it's Blue, so there's always the chance they blow another pipe somewhere and shit the bed yet again.

Edited by indiggio

3 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

i was pretty nervous to look at the cams, but yeah, things look ok.  better than expected.  whats super interesting is if you look at the slopestyle cam, its obvious it snowed there, looking at the sides of the trail.  but on main street cam, no snow on the side of the trail.  same in the valley.  i get it, elevation, but theres not that much between vista and main.  

I’m at about 1000 ft and we got half an inch. Melting now. 

• Like 1

On 12/11/2023 at 6:37 AM, JFskiDan said:

going a little colder after Christmas.  hope it keeps up.  we really need a sustained cold though.  

image.png.27082c2e64d00ab1a4867d5fab2ab0e6.png

• Like 4