Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

59 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Sunday snow map for “stoke”

IMG_9519.thumb.jpeg.3627d622ee179b92fa9b445aef9e128c.jpeg

will change 9000 times before it ends up as rain. 

I’m good with 13.5”..the local newspaper already has a story about this.  I like having snowstorms to look forward to watching.  Seems like this could be a nowcasting event. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

9 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’m good with 13.5”..the local newspaper already has a story about this.  I like having snowstorms to look forward to watching.  Seems like this could be a nowcasting event. 

FYI, this was the map from what ever model gave Blue the most snow, but yeah, its good to see snow back in the forecast and should make for some interesting "stoke" for this week.  

• Like 3

Anybody remember when i said it was gonna snow, and we would be fighting for some powder turns on 3 trails?  looks like that dream could come true.  

image.png.70dbebbfa7a2acf067adb2e272d199b3.png

Edited by JFskiDan
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

Anybody remember when i said it was gonna snow, and we would be fighting for some powder turns on 3 trails?  looks like that dream could come true. 

i remember you saying that.

it would be a shitshow for sure. looking at the timing, i'm wondering if they'll leave anything ungroomed. 

personally i'm not holding out any hope for even a flake until saturday.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Benm said:

i remember you saying that.

it would be a shitshow for sure. looking at the timing, i'm wondering if they'll leave anything ungroomed. 

personally i'm not holding out any hope for even a flake until saturday.

Ideally you’d want them to groom before the snow falls but if it’s not a lot of snow over ungroomed..not that great..that’s known as dust on crust.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Ideally you’d want them to groom before the snow falls but if it’s not a lot of snow over ungroomed..not that great..that’s known as dust on crust.  

haven't looked into it much since learning about it, but i was under the impression its supposed to start late afternoon, until around opening the next day. i guess they could groom at 9pm but who knows how much precip would have fallen by then.

11 minutes ago, Benm said:

haven't looked into it much since learning about it, but i was under the impression its supposed to start late afternoon, until around opening the next day. i guess they could groom at 9pm but who knows how much precip would have fallen by then.

Thats the timing i got as well, but like we know, this is really far out.  

Honestly, the benefit of this snow is that it should really help in the base building/trail opening thing.  we really need this snow for that reason.  Some nice soft turns will be nice, but 10,000 people on 3 trails and it will be bombed out by the second run.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Benm said:

Maybe they’d leave coming soon ungroomed.  Everything else is gonna be brutally groomed.  Gotta be a rider if the storm and hopefully dumping hard so we can get free refills which is @saltyant favorite. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Benm said:

@GrilledSteezeSandwich do you know how much natural snow it takes to make up for an inch of manmade? i know wetness is a factor, but in general.

It's not a direct number as it would depend on the water content of the blown stuff that is unknown unless you went and tested. 

Super wet natural can do some real good for the base but generally its still mostly air and compacts down to really small amounts. 

Think of making a snowball and how much you can compress it with just your hands. 

36 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Maybe they’d leave coming soon ungroomed.  Everything else is gonna be brutally groomed.  Gotta be a rider if the storm and hopefully dumping hard so we can get free refills which is @saltyant favorite. 

I'm so excited, and no, I just cannot hide it. Time to rent some powder skis and find a snorkel. I hope I don't lose my pole in the deep freshies. Maybe I'll even yell Milk It like @AtomicSkier did when he skied down that bunny hill he chopper'd up to in Colarada

Edited by saltyant

12 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I'm so excited, and no, I just cannot hide it. Time to rent some powder skis and find a snorkel. I hope I don't lose my pole in the deep freshies. Maybe I'll even yell Milk It like @AtomicSkier did when he skied down that bunny hill he chopper'd up to in Colarada

He’s gonna be drinking the milk straight from the cows titty…wow just wow atomic Jeff that’s not a cow that’s a bull SMH lol

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Blue is saying up to 9” lol

its been upgraded.  for "stoke"

☃️We're keeping a close eye on natural snow Mother Nature is expected to drop off this weekend. Some reports are showing up to 11 inches!

• Like 1