Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

There has to be like 5-6 pairs of skis in my closet that i wouldnt mind wrecking right about now.  

I keep thinking i would make something out of some old skis, but the only thing i come up with is a coat rack, and thats not super creative.  

Oh, and if you could talk someone into driving you around, JF would be a good hit since you can get dropped off at the top, and picked up at the bottom.  Until you get Vailed.  

Edited by JFskiDan
  • Like 1

everyone missed the 'a lot of work' part except @JFskiDan. not to mention, i don't have a pair of skis to destroy.

i've been eyeing up some stuff around here like @toast21602 's  gasline run. one (40.98704933550026, -75.4907428289591) looks awesome but sucks because entry is in ind ian moun tain l akes, which is gated, but i may have entry close enough to walk. according to GIS, no one owns a little strip that would get me in - walking - from public property. it's close enough that there wouldn't be time to call po-po and my ride can be at bottom (jonas rd). the other is at the top of sie rra view (40.9976666989348, -75.45552389398952) . former has a lot more vert and distance but latter is straight line down (and i can access easily). wife could drive no problem, both very close. @GrilledSteezeSandwich

Edited by Benm
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Benm said:

everyone missed the 'a lot of work' part except @JFskiDan. not to mention, i don't have a pair of skis to destroy.

i've been eyeing up some stuff around here like @toast21602 's  gasline run. one (40.98704933550026, -75.4907428289591) looks awesome but sucks because entry is in ind ian moun tain l akes, which is gated, but i may have entry close enough to walk. according to GIS, no one owns a little strip that would get me in - walking - from public property. it's close enough that there wouldn't be time to call po-po and my ride can be at bottom (jonas rd). the other is at the top of sie rra view (40.9976666989348, -75.45552389398952) . former has a lot more vert and distance but latter is straight line down (and i can access easily). wife could drive no problem, both very close. @GrilledSteezeSandwich

TFTI and what about those skis you had two seasons ago. 

29 minutes ago, Benm said:

Lol fuck those skis. I'll never touch them again. Debating getting a dupe of what I have now for shitting around. 

Let’s see if this actually materializes.  You know the saying....snow breeds snow...and if there’s even an inch or two of snow on the ground and sky’s are clear, the overnight temperature drops even lower..it’s getting closer I bet we’ll be skiing in about 3-4 weeks 

• Boner City 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Let’s see if this actually materializes.  You know the saying....snow breeds snow...and if there’s even an inch or two of snow on the ground and sky’s are clear, the overnight temperature drops even lower..it’s getting closer I bet we’ll be skiing in about 3-4 weeks 

Anything before Memorial Day is a bonus

• Boner City 1

13 hours ago, Benm said:

My dream is to ski down 534. From old stage to 209. That would be awesome. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

My dream is to ski down 534. From old stage to 209. That would be awesome. 

i can think of a few good roads. main one being 115 from sierra view down to maybe hellers, the one you mentioned to jonas, toll road from the top before it goes uphill near the end. a shame they'd be plowed but one can dream lol 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, toast21602 said:

I'll be sleeping but be sure to write a report!

11 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Friday night into early Saturday AM along with Monday night and Tuesday night look like good snowmaking opportunities. 

Ehh......i sort of think it could be a wasted effort depending on what happens with the monsoon or snowstorm next week.  

The funny thing is Accuweather keeps teasing at the very last day of the 15 day forecast with temps in the 20's.  But its been like that for the last couple days, but it never moves up.  Day 15 always in the 20's.  

image.png.98498ff4824c67bce03cfa9eeb47dfe7.png

Forecasting past about Sunday is a crap shoot anyways.  so much can change so quick.