Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

42 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

No heat November has begun, but it’s already frickin cold in my house.  Not sure how long my wife will be able to tolerate it.

I dont think i made it past like October 10th before i turned the heat on, and i like it on the chilly side.  

Feels like we went from AC to heat in a matter of days.  Dont feel like we had a stretch where i could keep the window open without it getting too cold, or too humid.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Place we order from is at 2.99. 2.99 x 250 gallon tank = thank God I'm on the monthly plan.

Well doing the math electricity is cheaper . Kero 125,000 btu per gallon your heater is 94% eff so 117,000 useable btus

vs electricity at .08 cents per kw same is 34.43 kws  x .08 is $2.75 for equivalent anything over  . Nice to have if the power goes out but not cheaper . 

35 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

Well doing the math electricity is cheaper . Kero 125,000 btu per gallon your heater is 94% eff so 117,000 useable btus

vs electricity at .08 cents per kw same is 34.43 kws  x .08 is $2.75 for equivalent anything over  . Nice to have if the power goes out but not cheaper . 

ya i know electric is cheaper than kero but i'll pay more for it. the thing fuckin rips.

dont forget the added bonus of being able to cook on it if the power goes out. 

@RidgeRacer who do you order through?

5 hours ago, AirheadD8 said:

Based on my last PPL bill, i pay about $.16 per kw, i would assume Benm is paying the same, unless there is still the use more, pay less with PPL.  Even if thats the case, it might o down to $.14.

Cool math problem, but looks like it needs to get re-done.  

12 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Based on my last PPL bill, i pay about $.16 per kw, i would assume Benm is paying the same, unless there is still the use more, pay less with PPL.  Even if thats the case, it might o down to $.14.

https://www.electricchoice.com/residential/view_plan?zip=18104&ldu_id=2&api_key=4cfe504&stats_id=444366

Looks like things went up some but still below 10cents

15 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

the first and prob last time i'll ever look at this.

ppl is saying the price to compare is $0.07xx. when i do the math tho (bill/kwh), it's closer to 0.14. 

no clue how they determine it.

19 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I just looked up my bill at work...my rate is $.119 I had no idea what it was I never even really paid much thought to it as it’s prettiest much the tiniest bill next to maybe internet.  The thermostat has a Slide and the heat is Electric...boogie woogie woogie 

D4A53054-AD0F-4B1D-A676-A7347A0B3F40.jpeg

12 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

8 minutes ago, Benm said:

the first and prob last time i'll ever look at this.

ppl is saying the price to compare is $0.07xx. when i do the math tho (bill/kwh), it's closer to 0.14. 

no clue how they determine it.

4 minutes ago, Schif said:

The last time I looked at an electric bill you essentially get double charged. $X for the generation of the electricity and $Y for the delivery of it to you. You get billed X+Y

4 minutes ago, mbike-ski said:

this is something i've been meaning to look into for like ten years, so I guess @Schif that would be me...

"price to compare" is (i am pretty sure) generation.  Since generated electricity is no good to you without being delivered, you will always pay PPL a fee (transmission) since they own the copper your discount electric needs to travel down to get to your house.  The $.16 was directly from my bill, $$$ divided by KWH.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I just looked up my bill at work...my rate is $.119 I had no idea what it was I never even really paid much thought to it as it’s prettiest much the tiniest bill next to maybe internet.  The thermostat has a Slide and the heat is Electric...boogie woogie woogie 

D4A53054-AD0F-4B1D-A676-A7347A0B3F40.jpeg

Check that carefully.  Make sure you arent still paying a transmission fee on top of that.  Business's have a different rate, that sort of sounds a little low considering NRG is notorious for luring people in with low intro rates, and CC points.  But it might be totally on the up and up.  I switched to them once for some CC points, but made sure to cancel after i got the points, since i knew they would raise the rate.  They purposely dont make canceling easy.  Call this number, call that number, press this button, say operator....etc.  

i have never seen where saving a $.01 on electric was worth straying from PPL or Peco.  

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

Check that carefully.  Make sure you arent still paying a transmission fee on top of that.  Business's have a different rate, that sort of sounds a little low considering NRG is notorious for luring people in with low intro rates, and CC points.  But it might be totally on the up and up.  I switched to them once for some CC points, but made sure to cancel after i got the points, since i knew they would raise the rate.  They purposely dont make canceling easy.  Call this number, call that number, press this button, say operator....etc.  

i have never seen where saving a $.01 on electric was worth straying from PPL or Peco.  

I hate being put on hold...I just called Subaru financing to extend my car lease for six months and they said,”all calls will be monitored and recorded and your hold time is approximately 11 seconds” and somebody picked up like 20 seconds later.  Sheesh.  

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I hate being put on hold...I just called Subaru financing to extend my car lease for six months and they said,”all calls will be monitored and recorded and your hold time is approximately 11 seconds” and somebody picked up like 20 seconds later.  Sheesh.  

WJW almost twice as long?! I'd tell them I want a gift card for the inconvenience @saltyant

• Confused 2

On 11/3/2021 at 6:26 AM, RidgeRacer said:

I should elaborate. Straight oil....tank. it's been so cheap the past few years I had a huge credit going into this winter. I literally thought that I might get this year for free but the price per gallon went up pretty drastically so there goes that dream.

Price per gallon at TLCITW went up exactly $1.00 this year compared to last year. An additional $440..

• Sad 2

No Heat November is still going strong for me. I put the big comforter on the bed last night and woke up very warm. Not sure it really counts for me considering I'm in a third floor condo and gas heat is included in the HOA but regardless I did not turn the heat on yet. 

• Like 1