Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

8 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I think they’ll blow a little towards the AM

scratch that. They are already blowing in the valley. 

still going on vista / upper main 

maybe shuttin down upper main

Edited by Benm
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, AirheadD8 said:

Bobby's the man . No BS 

As someone whos work revolves around the weather everyday, he is "ok".  

He has blown a forecast more than once.  Most people will only remember a forecast for some type of storm, but like i said, weather is our life at work.  

Not slamming them, but they fit into every other outlet trying to predict weather, that just isnt a cut and dry math problem.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Love to see it! Unexpected nights of snowmaking are great for stoke. 

I can't see everywhere that they are making snow on the webcam, but I took the dog out and those non fan guns are LOUD so it seems like it is way more than just Upper Main. Hopefully Burma and Lazy in the mix.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

As someone whos work revolves around the weather everyday, he is "ok".  

He has blown a forecast more than once.  Most people will only remember a forecast for some type of storm, but like i said, weather is our life at work.  

Not slamming them, but they fit into every other outlet trying to predict weather, that just isnt a cut and dry math problem.  

Agree , I think that's one reason he no longer does seasonal forecasts .  

43 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

I can't see everywhere that they are making snow on the webcam, but I took the dog out and those non fan guns are LOUD so it seems like it is way more than just Upper Main. Hopefully Burma and Lazy in the mix.

Probably Tut's with its top of the mountain, South facing guns?

10 minutes ago, Benm said:

what is the beltzville buoy's record?

Like all buoys, they are 100% accurate. The error usually comes from the observer. I'll admit that JFDan is quite a bit more accurate with his evaluation of the buoy. I typically get over excited when I see movement and immediately claim a potential storm. That being said, this is an image of the buoy from yesterday... pretty calm. Not much will be popping in the next week or so.

1596821957_ScreenShot2021-12-13at7_10_03AM.png.7a2eb686533b3af9cb29012e29f45de4.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Like all buoys, they are 100% accurate. The error usually comes from the observer. I'll admit that JFDan is quite a bit more accurate with his evaluation of the buoy. I typically get over excited when I see movement and immediately claim a potential storm. That being said, this is an image of the buoy from yesterday... pretty calm. Not much will be popping in the next week or so.

image.png.abd80f545bb519f628e0950a6269758f.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Benm said:

what is the beltzville buoy's record?

Accuracy would drastically improve if there wasnt so much crap floating around creating excessive bursts of enzymes, and shit getting stuck to it.  

The last data i went through, there was something going on around Christmas.  We will see how it plays out.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, toast21602 said:

It looks pretty sad up at Blue right now. Going to be a rough 72 hours...

508538587_ScreenShot2021-12-16at8_03_54AM.thumb.png.aaaa6fb4e29f4ce634c5ed01cd1bde06.png

I would agree.  I am really just focused in on Sunday evening and beyond, with what look to be our best shot at decent snowmaking temps to date.  What happens this weekend?  Who knows.  But i bet the beer in the lot will taste good.  

Gonna focus in on the positives, rather than complain about the things that are out of our control.  Plus, i only have like 3 more days of work this year.  

• Like 6

2 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

I would agree.  I am really just focused in on Sunday evening and beyond, with what look to be our best shot at decent snowmaking temps to date.  What happens this weekend?  Who knows.  But i bet the beer in the lot will taste good.  

Gonna focus in on the positives, rather than complain about the things that are out of our control.  Plus, i only have like 3 more days of work this year.  

Nice five more days of work for me this year but I have off 14 days between now and 2/2 plus any powder days that may come.  

blue closed this wknd thru tues wtf

‼️An update on our upcoming operating hours and trail status:
❄️We will be OPEN tomorrow, 12/17, 9am-9pm.
❌We will be CLOSED Saturday, 12/18, through Tuesday, 12/21. If you have already purchased tickets for these days, a credit will be added to your shopskibluemt.com account in 24-48 hours.
⛷️We will reopen Wednesday, 12/22, 9am-9pm with 7 trails.
👉We are predicting to be open down to the Valley with 22 trails by Sunday, 12/26. Snow Tubing is expected to also open on Sunday, 12/26 with 12 lanes. These predictions are extremely weather dependent. We will keep you updated as snowmaking progresses!
🏔️Thank you to all who have joined us on the mountain so far. Keep doing your snow dances and we'll see YOU on the mountain!
Edited by Benm
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1