Phresheez app test...

phillycore

Over the summer I came across the Phresheez app on the android market for gps tracking of ski runs, etc..

Well I forgot I even had it until about 45 minutes before I was ready to leave today but still wanted to try it out.

Well the thing is AWESOME!!

Check it out for yourself if you have an android based phone.. it's free

(not sure if they have an iphone version or not, you'd have to look for it )

Here's the log from today...

http://phresheez.com/site/showmap.php?mode=mapdate&buddy=phillycore&name=20101205&play=1

keeps track of vert, speed, time spent on lifts vs runs, all kinds of shit, you can even upload logs to facebook, youtube, pics to picassa, etc..

works along with google earth too...

Can even locate your friends when on the mountain, chat etc,

oh and don't forget to friend me on there too....lol

Edited by phillycore
  • Like 2

Cool app. Not available on my blackberry but downloaded to my ipod touch. I'm sure this will be useless since I won't have wifi while riding. But when I went to put in a user name and password to join it just keeps bumping me out of the app back to my home screen.

Cool app. Not available on my blackberry but downloaded to my ipod touch. I'm sure this will be useless since I won't have wifi while riding. But when I went to put in a user name and password to join it just keeps bumping me out of the app back to my home screen.

Same here with the app crashing, I just joined on the website using my PC and logged in on the phone and it appears to be running smoothly. There must just be a bug with the sign up portion of the app.

There is a Bb app.

http://phresheez.com/site/download.php

Phillycore, great find on this app. I really like how it tags who I skied with. If anyone else is on there, feel free to friend up with me, I'm on there as RootDKJ.

Now all I need to do is ask them to include trail difficulty for Blue.

Edited by RootDKJ

This app is bad ass. It tells you what trails you skied, altitude min and max, calculates your vert, tells you your top speeds. You even earn awards for passing certain speed thresholds. If you use the "play" button, it shows your little avatar guy skiing the trails you skiied that day over an arial map.

Hi all, I'm Mike the creator of Phresheez. Yeah, we're aware that we've got a contingent from PA and we're working our way back down

the east coast (hey, all of Vermont got done this summer at least :) Since everything is on our servers, once we get a resort done all of the new stats are retroactive, including our SnowQuest games.

Sounds like you've got a great community here, and hopefully your winter will be as amazing as last year's. Our home resort is Kirkwood so if you're ever in South Lake, make the trek over Carson Pass as we're there, uh, testing often :) Kirkwood is a skier/boarder's mountain, and we're currently looking down the barrel of about 10' of new in the next week or so!

Mike

• Like 4