Skis stolen at Elk

jeff

lock up your stuff....i ski elk literally every day of the week and live 5 minutes away. got a little too confident and sure enough my skis were stolen last night. idk why anyone would even want them. they had like 5 inches od edge missing and the brakes didnt work. but if anyone sees line anthems (snowboarder graphic) with marker griffins and line stickers please let me know

Wow, I thought Elk was better than elsewhere. I always lock my skis, even here in Montana, because sometimes people take the wrong ones AND not everyone skiing here is from Montana. I always wonder about all the locals not locking their skis and think, "Don't you read the Police Blotter?" During a race at Red Lodge, I came back to find a major kink in the wire where someone tried to cut it. (With what I don't know, because the cable isn't all that great.)

Wow, yea... always thought elk was far enough away from the big cities to avoid that.

I haven't locked my board since I moved to CO. I usually just put it on a rack that I can easily strap my binding to the rack. Figure a thief will opt for a board they can just grab and walk away with over mine.

G'luck getting your skis back. Check Craigslist.

vibes man, getting something stolen always sucks. hopefully you find your skis and get them back safe and secure. one of my friends dads had his stolen at elk a couple years ago. it takes a lot of nerves to steal another persons valuables.

In the east, I always lock them up. Out west, I lock them up in the base area if I'm in having lunch or a beer. A lot of people have the same boards I do, so it's to prevent against the random pick up, but also theft. I wouldn't be heartbroken if they got legs and walked away, it'd be more annoying then anything.

I always bring 2 pairs on ski trips, not only for variable conditions, but just to keep an extra pair in the room if something happens.

Sorry to hear about your loss. There's three kinds of people who steal skis. The ones who just want to sell them for money. The ones who know what's good and want better skis. And the ones who have gone skiing for the first time, don't have a clue what's good or bad and just steal a pair so they don't have to rent anymore because they can't afford skis.

I had a old pair stolen at Spring Mt. about 18 yrs. ago. The theif didn't have a clue what they were stealing and it was before ebay so I hope he broke his neck on those stiff GS skis. I had a starry eyed college girl try to pick mine out of a rack at Stratton but the lock stopped her. Her skis, different brand, different size, same color, were a few racks over. She then pulled my skis out of the rack on the bus in the parking lot! Good thing one of my friends saw her. She was concentrating more on her boyfiend than anything else. I had someone try to steal my skis at Loveland two years ago. My daughter went in the lodge and I stopped for a smoke at the end of the day. Saw a guy walking away with my skis. I told him he could either put them back or get his head bashed in with them. He made some excuse about mistaking them for his son's skis and I let him go. Later I realized that that was BS and he was trying to steal them.

Moral of the story......ALWAYS LOCK YOUR SKIS/BOARD!!!! I know it's a pain but it only literally takes about 10 seconds.

I can afford to buy another pair but it sucks when you walk out and your day is shot or you have to go rent because your skis are gone. I guess I'm not as rich as Atomicskier because it would still make a dent in my budget. ;)

• Like 1