Winter Park / Steamboat

phillycore

Great first day. We ended up with first gondi (excluding the first tracks crew) then made our way to the storm peak chair and got first chair there as well. It wasn't the powder day that we were hoping for but there was powder, some untracked (especially in the Christmas tree bowl / chutes area) and we were skiing so it's all good. The weather has been hovering around freezing so the 6 inches that did fall yesterday wasn't the lightest snow. As mentioned, the best / deepest snow by far was in the Christmas tree bowl area. Morningside (in the morning) was also good. It got a little crusty later on. Phillycore called it a day around 3:15. Dan and I took one more run on one of the front facing trails that they use for night skiing (can't remember the name of it). By that time it was full on spring skiing near the base. We got our free hot chocolate and called it a day.

First impressions of Steamboat... It's playful as hell. Kinda like a Gore mountain on steroids in that your skiing different sections serviced by different lifts. We rode the gondi once and that was it since the best stuff is up top. Looking forward to tomorrow.

• Like 5

Dan killed it today..... I had my struggles where the snow was heavy and piled up. My legs definitely aren't where they should be and I got all instructor mode in the beginning and pretty much forgot how I have to ski out here. Today I was on the seth's but trying out the prophets tomorrow. Hoping that I'll get bounced around a lot less.

For lunch I had a burger and curly fries along with a orange juice.

Wow are they short enough?? Your nails I mean?

Anyway the first "real" day of skiing in a new pair of boots can suck. My second day in JH with a tram to rendevous bowl to cheyanne bowl start was pretty brutal in my boots in variable snow.

I actually have a mortons neuroma that developed on my left foot so it's more of a nerve thing....

Dan killed it today..... I had my struggles where the snow was heavy and piled up. My legs definitely aren't where they should be and I got all instructor mode in the beginning and pretty much forgot how I have to ski out here. Today I was on the seth's but trying out the prophets tomorrow. Hoping that I'll get bounced around a lot less.

For lunch I had a burger and curly fries along with a orange juice.

I actually have a mortons neuroma that developed on my left foot so it's more of a nerve thing....

seths are a super fun ski, but definitely not what ya wanna be on when you get into heavy chop. They deflect pretty bad. The prophets should definitely be more stable for ya.
  • Like 1

Justo. We were all hoping for much lighter snow yesterday. I learned my lesson on the seth's when we all went out to Utah at snowbasin. They made my life suck.

Doug...

Dan has his own room and fwiw I really don't sleep too well out here....like three hours than gotta pee like a 80 year old....

Breakfast opens up at 7

It's nothing spectacular.....straight carbo load. Muffin, waffles. Cereal coffee and juice. What do you expect for $77 a night. The lemon water is cool though.

We are doing this trip on the mad cheap.....like seriously though we got a steal here.

3 day pass to steamboat $159.

• Like 5

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1423231911.488891.jpg

Breakfast

This is specifically for Doug, because no one else really gives a shit what I ate for breakfast.....lol

Nice that looks about as punk as the free breakfast at the 49er. You need to splurge one day and get a bacon and omelette by the base of the gondola...

What did you guys have for dinner last night? I had a Cobb salad from

Salad works.

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Nice that looks about as punk as the free breakfast at the 49er. You need to splurge one day and get a bacon and omelette by the base of the gondola...

What did you guys have for dinner last night? I had a Cobb salad from

Salad works.

Cobb salad? I thought you were eating healthy?

• Like 1

Cobb salad? I thought you were eating healthy?

It's got 300 calories...and I used about 200 calories worth of ginger dressing and declined on the bread...that's at least half the calories of a normal GSS dinner. A tiny bit of avacado bacon bits chicken...skipped bleu cheese isn't bad. Normally I'd get like outback or carrabas takeout.

http://nutrition.saladworks.com/nutrition/salads

Toast you're terrible you never have anything nice to say.

• Like 1

It's got 300 calories...and I used about 200 calories worth of ginger dressing and declined on the bread...that's at least half the calories of a normal GSS dinner. A tiny bit of avacado bacon bits chicken...skipped bleu cheese isn't bad. Normally I'd get like outback or carrabas takeout.

http://nutrition.saladworks.com/nutrition/salads

Toast you're terrible you never have anything nice to say.

:wub: