Winter Park / Steamboat

phillycore

Almost forgot.....yesterday I got upended and was headfirst downhill with my one ski stuck between two trees. Unfortunately my only option was to take off that ski.

When doing so I realized that I was in a huge tree well. So I'm waist deep+ in this tree well standing up when these two ladies ski up about 100 yards away and one says "what you doing in there taking a poop". I laughed but realistically I was in a bad spot trying to get out and my ski was about waist high....lol

• Like 1

Almost forgot.....yesterday I got upended and was headfirst downhill with my one ski stuck between two trees. Unfortunately my only option was to take off that ski.

When doing so I realized that I was in a huge tree well. So I'm waist deep+ in this tree well standing up when these two ladies ski up about 100 yards away and one says "what you doing in there taking a poop". I laughed but realistically I was in a bad spot trying to get out and my ski was about waist high....lol

Wow just wow sounds rowdy...my only fall in Jackson hole was on the sidewalk walking to the bus.

I was a little concerned how conditions would be today, since it got so warm yesterday afternoon, but to my surprise, the boat didnt disappoint.  Morningside and Christmas tree where just as nice as they were yesterday.  We traversed farther back past christmas tree, into no names, and it was well worth it.  there is still a little untracked back there, nothing to get overly excited about, but the snow is soft and plentiful back there.  Chute #3 was a big suprise.  it gets a ton of traffic, and from the bottom looks pretty exposed to the sun.  the snow was really nice back in there.  We saw some decent trees above morningside that need to be explored tomorrow, just need to figure out where to get into them.  We skipped lunch, and called it quits a little earlier.  Tomorrow, maybe a little more crowded, should ski very similar to today.  

RidgeRacer in christmas tree

post-1753-0-14858100-1423266005_thumb.jpg

RR middle rib

post-1753-0-80731000-1423266093_thumb.jpg

PC in christmas tree.  look close, he is in there.  

post-1753-0-21520900-1423266322_thumb.jpg

PC and RR in No Name

post-1753-0-20909100-1423266423_thumb.jpg

No Name

post-1753-0-01817900-1423266484_thumb.jpg

And my favorite pic....yes, we had someone take the typical touristy pic.  its not my favorite pic because its with my buddies, and not because PC forgot to take off his multi-purpose weather station/cell phone antenna/GoPro off his helmet, but because of the steamboat employee in the background photobombing us.  

post-1753-0-11331500-1423266904_thumb.jpg

• Like 8