2011-2012 season...

burton71

I was wondering this last night as I stood outside after the flyers game. Dead silent, so I figured they were just gonna blow later. Although it was 30 or so after the game so I was wondering what they were waiting for. Maybe they just ran a test sometime during the night??

I wouldn't doubt they give it one more day, today looks like the warmest temps in the near future with the big freeze coming this weekend. So hopefully they do it to it tonight.

Water temp too high is a fancy excuse. The first day of snow making is usually done with a heavy mixture of water in order to put a more solid base down (closer to ice) and then they lean out the mixture to make better snow on top. Higher water temp might be bad for good snow, but it would have been just fine for the base layer. Anyway, Elk's scheduled to open Wednesday.

Can't tell from the webcams how much snow they actually laid down, might stop by there later today after my final to check things out. I don't think we should completlety count the weekend out but with the rain coming in tomorrow they're defintely going to lose some snow. It'd be nice if they opened Saturday but I would still be fine with a Sunday or Monday opening.

• Like 1

It's ridiculous they're blowing over the entire mountain. This BS excuse about "high humidity" is ridiculous. At 27 degrees humidity is irrelevant (and for three days at BC the temp fell below that). Whats happening is a simple law of physics. You have all the guns on, the pressure through those guns is going to be less than just a few blowing. Pressure is finite. Now the forecast is not looking good for the weekend with marginal temps. Good luck BC, you need it..

• Like 1