2011-2012 season...

burton71

Lots of Bear Creek race team kids at Blue today based on the jackets. They'll be very happy in a few days web Razors edge opens.

Yeah, That's where a lot of them headed. Race Director Matte DePaulo was happy to see his numbers go back up. Blue had a steady decline in recent years because of Bear's successful team.

Good. Blue can have bears race kids. Keeps them out of the park.

and they could have only wished not to have 'park-types' ignorantly running into 6 race kids 2 january's ago sending several to the hospital

It will be nice not having to deal with them or the closing of Timberline,

Really? Wait til you see how much Nastar expands its hours this year.

Hey winter, when you're done using that stick to beat the bear creek propaganda horse can i borrow it to finish beating the race team in the park argument?

Hey Honk, nice twist on a simple post. But since you brought it up, the race team was banned from the park during training hours since 2008. But some park dummies didn't seem to understand a rope across a closed trail also probably meant that they shouldn't be in the training course either.

Flame suit on, but i will say that by and large Bear Creek has the largest number of ignorant park riders . The other places I hit don't have nearly the lack of respect that BC does. Whether it's dicking around or cutting in the lift line, running into people on the slopes, foul language or anything else that exhibits a lack of common sense, Bear has the most of them. Go ahead and bring up race team problems, im not defending them. But don't tell me that anyone here hasn't left at the end of the day at Bear pissed at times because of shit going on in or around the park.

and they could have only wished not to have 'park-types' ignorantly running into 6 race kids 2 january's ago sending several to the hospital

and us "park types" could only wish that we wouldnt have to worry about landing on a race kid who is skiing down and across the landing of a jump. i dont see "park types" cutting through timberline while the race team is running gates so why should it be okay for the race kids to use the park as a slalom course?

oh and the "park type" kids who ran into the race kids were most likey gapers. just because theyre on a snowboard or have twin tips doesnt mean they ride park.

and us "park types" could only wish that we wouldnt have to worry about landing on a race kid who is skiing down and across the landing of a jump. i dont see "park types" cutting through timberline while the race team is running gates so why should it be okay for the race kids to use the park as a slalom course?

oh and the "park type" kids who ran into the race kids were most likey gapers. just because theyre on a snowboard or have twin tips doesnt mean they ride park.

Gapers probably, not meant to insinuate anyone on here or those more passionate about parks than your average school kid who could give a crap about the sport. But all six hits that year were outside the park on regular trails. One of them was one of my kids so i have a bit more insight into this that most.

Tomorrow will suck at bear, its going to be all icy and worse then the first time they tried to open.

As for the race team, im glad their gone they wont be missed.

betcha bear is missing the money they brought in right about now.

Flame suit on, but i will say that by and large Bear Creek has the largest number of ignorant park riders . The other places I hit don't have nearly the lack of respect that BC does. Whether it's dicking around or cutting in the lift line, running into people on the slopes, foul language or anything else that exhibits a lack of common sense, Bear has the most of them. Go ahead and bring up race team problems, im not defending them. But don't tell me that anyone here hasn't left at the end of the day at Bear pissed at times because of shit going on in or around the park.

SNOW SPORTS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS.

i didnt know the park at bear was such a bad place? maybe this year i should wear my kevlar vest and carry a knife. i have never had a problem with anyone in the park nor have i seen anything that you just stated above. dicking around? yeah that happens sometimes. its just kids having fun. everyone has their share of problems. if you dont like what is going in "in" or around the park then stay away from it. simple as that.

So Nastar is going to run Sat and Sunday mornings?

Saturdays i think. Someone assumed Timberline was no longer going to be closed off, but they are now going to have weekend closings in addition to weeknights and a few special events as uaual.

Doubt it was insignificant. Blue will gladly take it. Season passes for them and most likely their families all adds up.

BC obviously decided it was not significant enough to continue the program.

Oh well, like others have said I won't miss them bombing the park.

Anybody know whats set up?

I was up there for a bit . Its a line of a few boxes and rails. Kind of fun. Hiked for a bit and took a few runs then it got pretty crowded. Lot more people then I thought there would be.

Guy I talked to said they are going to try and blow all night tonight and all day and night tomorrow. Should be pretty nice coverage by Thrusday.

We already know how good it is! They just opened today!

Solid Gold Report

Must be fun to troll. Bear creek has a awesome snowmaking system they just haven't had the temps. cant get on them about the warm temps. If you can control mother nature than be my guest.

Must be fun to troll. Bear creek has a awesome snowmaking system they just haven't had the temps. cant get on them about the warm temps. If you can control mother nature than be my guest.

Glad to see we have another know-it-all! :clap :clap :clap