House for Sale, Tobyhanna CHEAP!!

sibhusky

Had a feeling it was in the Pocono Country place development. Just looked it up and it is. There are quite a few homes in that development listed below 100k. When we were looking our realtor told us to avoid that area like the plague. After reading some articles in the Pocono record we found out there were shootings, stabbing, gang activity. Overall a bad place.

pocono country place was built specifically for commuters out of new york. they sold homes to people for 170K that where really worth 120K. unfortunatly people didnt catch on to it until years later when they got tired of commuting and gas prices went up, and when they decided to sell. real estate agents would tell them what a lovely home they have, and they should have no problem getting 120k for it. there are a ton of foreclosures in that development. that place was just bad from the get go.

^^ This I believe from what I have read. There were some bad kids moving into our development too. We had some vandalism a few times in the year before we sold. Its a shame because the Poconos is such a nice area. We considered moving to our house up there but the schools are way overcrowded and really bad. Lots of fights and gang stuff in the high schools.

Well, the place itself looks acceptable and if you're using it as a ski home, you don't care about the schools. Didn't check to see how far this was from various ski area.

It's at the intersection of 423/196 (I think). Closest place is probably JF/BB or Camelback. Probably a 15-20 minute drive to either.

So is the place actually a ghetto or looks like a ghetto, or it's inhabitants act ghetto? Not around a ski area? Right now all I am getting is that it's a piece of crap lol

its Newark, NJ, just without the airport, and the houses are further apart. and i mean no disrespect to anyone who loves Newark.

pocono country place was built specifically for commuters out of new york. they sold homes to people for 170K that where really worth 120K. unfortunatly people didnt catch on to it until years later when they got tired of commuting and gas prices went up, and when they decided to sell. real estate agents would tell them what a lovely home they have, and they should have no problem getting 120k for it. there are a ton of foreclosures in that development. that place was just bad from the get go.

This is why I'm not a fan of Monroe or Even Pike Co. I love the signs along I-80 that read "This development is a Commuter's Dream". How could a commuter's "dream" be to have their job 2 STATES over? No offense if anyone here does that commute but It's amazing to me that people actually think it's feasible to commute 100+ miles each way every day. Unfortunately these Counties had no idea what they wanted to be (suburb, vacation getaway etc). The builders are going crazy and now they have a mess to deal with in terms of sprawl, roads, foreclosures, crime. etc. Have fun with all that.

^^ This I believe from what I have read. There were some bad kids moving into our development too. We had some vandalism a few times in the year before we sold. Its a shame because the Poconos is such a nice area. We considered moving to our house up there but the schools are way overcrowded and really bad. Lots of fights and gang stuff in the high schools.

hmm. i must have missed when this happened. didnt see anything on fern ridge road. thats a shame because it was always a quite neighborhood.

hmm. i must have missed when this happened. didnt see anything on fern ridge road. thats a shame because it was always a quite neighborhood.

It wasn't anything major, some spindles on the porch kicked in, my kids painted birdhouses that were hung up and they were all smashed, previous owners had ground lights in the back along a path where they put a pond. Pond all torn up, lights all smashed and kicked in, rock broke a window, gutters torn off side of house.

My friend had his shed broken into and they stole his golf cart and crashed it into a ditch.