BB This Weekend?

AtomicSkier

Do you think that the powers that be are just not making snow because they don't feel like it?

Yes...they don't want to waste money. But, that has never stopped BB from trying in the past. If you're going to build up a reputation as being the first to open every year by a considerable margin, it's a risk you have to take.

but they absolutely could have been making snow, unless there was some weird weather pattern that actually caused it to be colder at blue than boulder, which i really, really doubt. whether it would have been a smart business decision to blow or not, that's an entirely different story, but i'm pretty confident they could have made snow if they wanted to.

agreed. they could have been open if they wanted to. I know enough about snowmaking that at 20F, they can blow at any humidity level.

• Like 1

Fluffy what makes you a snowmaking expert???

If they made snow it would be melting right now in the fog and in tomorrows rain. But a bunch of young stuntahs could enjoy a sweet bonkyard. Blue wasted thousands blowing the other night...

This is true actually. I drove past blue this morning and there were a few patches of white under a think fog. With a high of close to 60 the next few days there will likely be nothing left. This is getting depressng.

Fluffy what makes you a snowmaking expert???

If they made snow it would be melting right now in the fog and in tomorrows rain. But a bunch of young stuntahs could enjoy a sweet bonkyard. Blue wasted thousands blowing the other night...

I'm sorry, but did you not see where I said "Expert? No." ?????

I give up. You guys obviously have all this figured out. lulz

• Like 2

I'm sorry, but did you not see where I said "Expert? No." ?????

I give up. You guys obviously have all this figured out. lulz

Ok I lied. I can't give up.

One night at 20 degrees isn't enough. If it would have been cold enough to make snow to get open for the weekend they would have done so. There was also an inversion which means it's colder at lower elevations. They only make snow if they can get open...not for marketing purposes.

I have.

we should probably bring that snowgun back out, just because.

and based on what we learned, yes, they absolutely could have blown snow, for several nights. but like i said earlier, it probably wasn't financially worth it for how much they'd be losing this week. i don't blame them, i'm just bummed the only skiing i got to do this past weekend was on carpet instead of snow.

we should probably bring that snowgun back out, just because.

and based on what we learned, yes, they absolutely could have blown snow, for several nights. but like i said earlier, it probably wasn't financially worth it for how much they'd be losing this week. i don't blame them, i'm just bummed the only skiing i got to do this past weekend was on carpet instead of snow.

And maybe make some mods... I have a power washer now to go along with the air compressor.

LOL. You guys are so cute.

Who among you has ever made snow, built snow guns, or ever done anything with snow other than ski on it and make a snowman.

I built a snowgun and made a decent amount of snow when I was about 10 years old, and I still think you are an idiot. Connecting a few pieces of plumbing together and reading a psychrometric chart to find allowable temps and humidity limits is not really rocket science. You are just a blind supporter of everything your beloved JFBB does.

• Like 1

I built a snowgun and made a decent amount of snow when I was about 10 years old, and I still think you are an idiot. Connecting a few pieces of plumbing together and reading a psychrometric chart to find allowable temps and humidity limits is not really rocket science. You are just a blind supporter of everything your beloved JFBB does.

U mad bro?

It's a shame that you guys aren't running any of the ski areas in the Poconos. Everything would be so much better due to your vast experience and knowledge.

News flash Fluffy is an idiot. Oh that's not news lol

Has nothing to do with the mountain it has to do with warmer air in higher levels of the atmosphere and cooler temperatures at the lower levels. It's often ten degrees colder at the base of Blue than the summit in the early morning especially when there is fog.

Sickbird!

was a joke.

boulder is a small ass hill.

besides, if it was a temp inversion that means the lower half of boulder trail wouldve been perfect to lay down some hikeable shit. you couldve put out some red bull tents and skated the mini. brought out a PA system for ian to get all loud on. and filmed a bunch of really artsy edits with indie music and lots of fancy editing.

i like the new notification that pops up as your posting, letting you know there was a new post lol

• Like 1

was a joke.

boulder is a small ass hill.

besides, if it was a temp inversion that means the lower half of boulder trail wouldve been perfect to lay down some hikeable shit. you couldve put out some red bull tents and skated the mini. brought out a PA system for ian to get all loud on. and filmed a bunch of really artsy edits with indie music and lots of fancy editing.

i like the new notification that pops up as your posting, letting you know there was a new post lol

LOL @ Ian comment. Will he be fevorishly texting how cool everything is?

U mad bro?

It's a shame that you guys aren't running any of the ski areas in the Poconos. Everything would be so much better due to your vast experience and knowledge.

maybe they can go team up and buy sno mtn when it goes out of buisness? i could only imagine what it would look like when they are done with it? hmmm every lift would be a highspeed lift, snowmaking in 32 degree weather, what else? maybe heat the water for the water park and keep that bad boy open all year round LOL... They might wanna take a few loans out.

U mad bro?

Don't forget to get on those groomers opening day before they get all tracked out!

Don't forget to get on those groomers opening day before they get all tracked out!

So is that a dig on me? The mountain? The super uncool eastern ski areas? You've got to be more specific with your insults chief. Us here Pocono peeps aren't too smart like.