Ten Snowiest Resorts - Ski Magazine

RidgeRacer

http://www.skinet.co...pid=enews121911

#1: Alta, Utah - Last year, Little Cottonwood Canyon's legendary resort got hammered with 724 inches of cold smoke.

#2: Wolf Creek, Colorado - Wolf Creek averages 465 inches a year: that's about 165 inches more than any other resort in Colorado.

#3: Powder Mountain, Utah - Powder Mountain is aptly named: the Utah resort averages over 500" a season.

#4: Snowbird, Utah - Little Cottonwood Canyon's other resort, outside of Salt Lake City, averages 500 inches a season. In the 2010-2011 season, they picked up 783 inches.

#5: Grand Targhee, Wyoming - Jackson's little sister, often overshadowed by nearby Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, averages over 50 inches more than JHMR a season.

#6: Brighton, Utah - Another snowy Utah resort. Who knew.

#7: Solitude, Utah - Big Cottonwood Canyon's resorts get just as hammered as its more famous sisters, Alta and Snowbird. Solitude averages 500" a season.

#8: Steamboat, Colorado - Colorado's "champagne powder" is fluffy, dry, and cold. It accumulates at an average rate of 354 inches a year

#9: Snowmass, Colorado - The Colorado resort averages 300 inches a year.

#10: Deer Valley, Utah - This Park City resort averages 300" a year.

Grand Targhees base is over 8,000 feet and it does average more snow than JH due to its location.

Wasn't doubting that...how does Snowmass show up on the list (300") but Jackson, which, according to this gets 450" is no where to be found? And where are the places in the PNW that get 600+"?

ski mag is such a joke

I love how alyeska with 631" of average snowfall or mount baker which actually is the snowiest ski resort in the world, with 647" both are not on there

it's because alyeska and baker don't support into ski magazine's circlejerk selection of mountains. it's not a real magazine, it's an advertising catalog disguised as a magazine. every magazine I got from them had the same resorts in each issue.

ski mag is such a joke

I love how alyeska with 631" of average snowfall or mount baker which actually is the snowiest ski resort in the world, with 647" both are not on there

there isn't a swanky base village at baker. or anything else around it aside from a few cabins, a grocery store, a brewery, a ski shop, and a post office, and those are all at least 15-20 minutes down the road. i'm actually disappointed to see powder on this list, it's just gonna blow the place up that much more.

there isn't a swanky base village at baker. or anything else around it aside from a few cabins, a grocery store, a brewery, a ski shop, and a post office, and those are all at least 15-20 minutes down the road. i'm actually disappointed to see powder on this list, it's just gonna blow the place up that much more.

It's always on Justin. Still hasn't blown up... See ya there in a month.

• Like 1

I don't understand the logic behind this...Grand Targhee is sandwiched between two 500" resorts, and claims JH averages 50" less, but yet, Snowmass which is reported to average 300"/yr, ranks #9. Interesting.

I wonder if they are adjusting for water content or reporting period? It sure is confusing.

Like Jordan said. No baker? That list is a joke.

And im not sure if it's only a US list, but there places in Japan that also crush a lot of those numbers.

it poured 99% of the time when we were in washington and i still think we got more snow out there than PA got last winter.

Total Shit, where are the PNW and Tahoe resorts or Mammoth, most of the resorts here average waaayyy more than tossy ass-bandit resorts like deer valley and last year several of them were way over 800".

I'm suprised smugglers notch didn't make their list.......

it poured 99% of the time when we were in washington and i still think we got more snow out there than PA got last winter.

The sad part is Baker has a base in december that other resorts pray to have in march. But nah, they don't need to make that least. Bunk resorts in colorado that average 300 inches a year make it instead. Media at it's finest.

On a side note, i wanna go back to baker. I don't even care if it's snowing as long as it isn't raining.

Edited by Dan-

Where's Powder mountain??? Those meadows don't skip themselves.

Hate. Hate. Hate. But I sure as hell haven't seen any legit video or pictures of you from anywhere you have been while we have put out awesome shots and video every year.

Oh wait, there was that one shot of you "getting air" that Jeff posted. I would love to see that shot again.

On a side note, i wanna go back to baker. I don't even care if it's snowing as long as it isn't raining.

I agree 100% and no gershan.

Hate. Hate. Hate. But I sure as hell haven't seen any legit video or pictures of you from anywhere you have been while we have put out awesome shots and video every year.

Actually, I'd say the opposite is true. I haven't seen any 'sickbird' action shots coming from ANY of your trips.

Case and point:

img9.jpg

• Like 2

Actually, I'd say the opposite is true. I haven't seen any 'sickbird' action shots coming from ANY of your trips.

Case and point:

img9.jpg

Beg to differ. When John and I went to Jackson, pretty sure some good shots were posted up.

Normally too busy riding to stop and take pictures.