the pics from today thread

Justin

Wow RidgeRacer...how many U2 concerts have you been to? Do they usually play the same songs?

Seen them 16x. They usually have a canned set list each tour and rotate a few songs out with others. The cool thing about this tour is that they're playing the entire Joshua Tree album in sequence. Some of the songs from that album were never played or rarely played before.

• Like 2

Seen them 16x. They usually have a canned set list each tour and rotate a few songs out with others. The cool thing about this tour is that they're playing the entire Joshua Tree album in sequence. Some of the songs from that album were never played or rarely played before.

I saw them once in 84 or 85 in Philly before Joshua tree. This tour looks worthwhile, love the Joshua Tree album

• Like 2

how is the sound quality for lincoln financial field concerts? cause sound quality at MetLife stadium is awful

Really good. Heinz field was good too. I think the place on the water in Camden (whatever it's called now) and the old spectrum may have had the worst sound of the shows I've been to.
  • Like 1

Burning calories before sunrise/after sunset stripping the deck. Oil tomorrow if weather stays dry.

attachicon.gifIMG_5349.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_5350.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_5351.JPG

Deck is oiled. Started at 9:30, took 2 hours. Hopefully rain holds off til tomorrow morning. Doobies and RTI jazz got it done! Saw a baby Praying Mantis on my grill, about a 1/4 inch long. I get them every year. Nature is cool!

• Like 1

Deck is oiled. Started at 9:30, took 2 hours. Hopefully rain holds off til tomorrow morning. Doobies and RTI jazz got it done! Saw a baby Praying Mantis on my grill, about a 1/4 inch long. I get them every year. Nature is cool!

Way to get after it. I made collection calls today as I'm the head of the accounts receivables department. Our only recourse for "deadbeat" customers is to repo which I hate doing because it's triple as much work.

If we don't receive payment in about a month we send a first notice which is a very soft letter that reminds the customer that the final payment is past due. Second notice 45 days out threatens interest charges and third notice 60 days out threatens removal. We usually don't remove until several months out. We have some who straight up don't have the money for the final balance and they send us tiny payments. I'd say we only have accounts receivable issues with 1% of our jobs and we only end up removing a fraction of those. We keep repos as display pieces and reset when we receive payment.

Usually we just go to the cemetery and yank it..most cemeteries we are in don't even have offices but we have to get permission to remove at the larger cemeteries like catholic cemeteries.

I wish we required payment 100% up front but the industry standard is a 50% deposit and the balance upon completion. I use my judgement and with some people I require 100% upfront. A lot of the funeral homes we deal with will collect 100% upfront and then just send us 70% taking their commission out off the top. Otherwise we don't pay out commissions until after the job is set and if we have issues with billings that's our responsibility not the dealers as we are 100% full service.

We are finding more and more people who buy online and want us to install their memorial stones as with online monument companies the family has to make all cemetery arrangements(order foundation/find out what is allowed) and also arrange installation. This has been the year of large jet black memorial stones...Jet Black is imported from China and the color that we do the most laser etchings on.