the pics from today thread

Justin

3 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

Welcome back to the world of "supply chain issues".  Baltimore is a huge port.  

I have 93 apartments' worth of kitchen and bath cabinets arriving in port this week, I was glad to hear they were not docking in Baltimore...

• Like 4

On 3/25/2024 at 10:29 AM, momskeeztoo said:

Thanks for the heads up about D&L closure. Starting soon? I wonder if D&L open yet near Seven Tubs. And that I80 bridge definitely needs to be redone. We had to seek refuge from torrential rain under there a couple years ago, sketchy as hell, concrete falling apart and exposed rebar everywhere. 

April this year. We used to put on the river at the pillars and hoped we wouldn’t get hit by falling concrete. 

23 hours ago, indiggio said:

Bunch of videos out show the entire ship going dark, then recovering, then going dark again.
Surprising that they don't have tugs to direct these monsters until they're safely out of the harbor, but also heard they had a harbor pilot aboard taking the ship out, but if the ship loses power...

Heard talk about bad fuel. 

• Like 1

Most of the granite imports we receive come through Boston…some comes through Tacoma Washington and then by train..families that purchase custom imports love when they call for their status and I say it’s on a boat in the middle of the ocean….when they get pissed I wanna say at least it’s not sitting at the dock in China or India SMH

• 4 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Barb have you been spring skiing at Aspen?  

Life keeps getting in the way. There is a group of ladies going to ski Mt Sopris next weekend. I’ve asked all of them if they want to do it as an overnighter as I don’t think I could skin up over 4000’ in one day. No takers unfortunately. Looks to be some doable (for me ) lines on Independence Pass that I am going to throw out to the same group of ladies to see if there is any interest. 

1 hour ago, Barb said:

Life keeps getting in the way. There is a group of ladies going to ski Mt Sopris next weekend. I’ve asked all of them if they want to do it as an overnighter as I don’t think I could skin up over 4000’ in one day. No takers unfortunately. Looks to be some doable (for me ) lines on Independence Pass that I am going to throw out to the same group of ladies to see if there is any interest. 

I saw Eldora got 10”

• Like 1

On 4/22/2024 at 12:17 PM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Nope work is just busy and the last two times I had real bad altitude sickness.  

Maybe next year try a ski fari at somewhere closer with lower altitude. For example, there are six places to ski within an hour of Sheboygan, Wisconsin. The largest ski area from that article is Little Switzerland in Slinger, and it features a vertical drop of over 200 feet. There are a whopping 18 runs for your skiing enjoyment and it also offers a Chalet Restaurant.

12 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Maybe next year try a ski fari at somewhere closer with lower altitude. For example, there are six places to ski within an hour of Sheboygan, Wisconsin. The largest ski area from that article is Little Switzerland in Slinger, and it features a vertical drop of over 200 feet. There are a whopping 18 runs for your skiing enjoyment and it also offers a Chalet Restaurant.

Thanks for the suggestions!!!  The off season is flying by.  Already 10% of the way to the next ski season as Blue closed 20 20 24 days ago and yes I wanna be sedated. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1
  • Boner City 1