the pics from today thread

Justin

The bottom of your spindles not being painted is irksome

I'll tell you what....you come down, lay on your stomache, or bring a creeper and paint them....I'll supply the paint, and a little brush, I'll even lay a beer out every 15th spindle. There's 150 of them so by the time you're done you'll be feeling good and won't be irked by the 1" section that was left unpainted until next spring after we re-stain the deck again anymore.

Deal?

• Like 1

last time they brought the cyldesdales to center city pat burrell was riding it cause he got stuck in traffic on the way to the parade

I rode the septa train into the city via the media /elwyn line to the 08' Parade. Don't think I could've gotten any luckier. I got on at Elwyn (first stop) on the first train of the day. People were literally fighting to get on it.....not everyone fit....it closed the doors and stopped at the 2nd stop and there was about 300 people waiting for the train. Maybe 10 more squeezed on.....the train blew past every other stop without stopping, you could see hundreds of pissed off people at every stop.

Made it to the station and walked to where that Giant paperclip thing is where the start of the parade was. Broad Street was packed but still open....I just stood right on the corner until the police grabbed the barrier to close broad street. As they closed broad street I just helped them move the barrier and had a perfect spot for the parade... After the parade was over I went back to the train and saw hundreds of people just rushing but they were all late and missed out. Getting back wasn't as easy but I wasn't about to hang out while the lines got longer.

i took the chinatown bus from nyc and didnt have any problems, but my brother got on septa at downingtown (second to last stop on the line) and same thing happened, no people were allowed on after downingtown. i was near the paperclip as well.

i loved when id be on the D train and they announce "All D trains are running express in the Bronx" it was really fun looking at all the pissed off people at the stations as you flew past them. however, being on the Q and they announce it wouldnt be running over the bridge was hell. id be like "welp, guess im gonna be late to work today"

Rumor has it that Doug loves the D train

• Like 2