the pics from today thread

Justin

Are ptarmigan a common sighting (excluding chicks in tow)?

I have never seen one, so. I thought it was very cool that my first sighting included chicks. I have seen plenty of trip reports where people see them often. They blend in so well I may have walked right by one before.

Are ptarmigan a common sighting (excluding chicks in tow)?

They are pretty common in the alpine.  they are solid white in the winter and like to hang out in little burrows in the snow above treeline.  They are a common sight at Loveland since much of their terrain is above treeline.  They don't reveal themselves until you just about ski right over them.  

• Like 1

000c605332674e76383ee318986e4008.jpg

5AM wake up for a few quick miles.

This morning was so nice, around 60 here in Reading.....was actually a little chilly on the way down Skyline drive...

Thinking about a new ride leave reading pop over the ridge in oley which drops you out by Bear, go by trexlertown game preserve (which I heard is now LV zoo) run opossum into Slatington and use west mountain view to go up to Blue. I got a pretty good route to LV Zoo but if you know a better way from there to Blue I'm all ears. That's kinda far from my house so I don't get out that way alot.

• Like 1

This morning was so nice, around 60 here in Reading.....was actually a little chilly on the way down Skyline drive...

Thinking about a new ride leave reading pop over the ridge in oley which drops you out by Bear, go by trexlertown game preserve (which I heard is now LV zoo) run opossum into Slatington and use west mountain view to go up to Blue. I got a pretty good route to LV Zoo but if you know a better way from there to Blue I'm all ears. That's kinda far from my house so I don't get out that way alot.

If you can get to Slatington getting to blue is easy, hop on the D&L trail that runs next to the river up thru the Lehigh gap. Its a rail trail and unpaved but I run it all the time with no issues on my road bike. Get off the trail in Bowmanstown and weave thru town and jump on Fireline road, follow that to Forrest Inn Road and take a left then a quick right onto Hahns Dairy Road and you will end up at the Covered Bridge Inn. Let me know when this is happening and Ill try and tag along for part or all of it. 

• Like 1

JLaw got up early to ride wow just wow.

It was called trexler game preserve not Trexlertown lol

I would ask if you were sure but you know everything about the LV I swore though it was Trexlertown GP......crazy I know I haven't slept in since April....last Sunday doesn't count because I was wicked drunk Saturday night

If you can get to Slatington getting to blue is easy, hop on the D&L trail that runs next to the river up thru the Lehigh gap. Its a rail trail and unpaved but I run it all the time with no issues on my road bike. Get off the trail in Bowmanstown and weave thru town and jump on Fireline road, follow that to Forrest Inn Road and take a left then a quick right onto Hahns Dairy Road and you will end up at the Covered Bridge Inn. Let me know when this is happening and Ill try and tag along for part or all of it. 

I always forget about the D&L thanks man....I'll let you know for sure, I'm super busy right now but sometime soonish though considering your monster ride your going to need to bring a jigsaw puzzle or something. I can go all day and I love to climb but I'm not very fast. Biggest thing we have around here is up to the Pagoda which really only has spook lane which is 13%avg but only for a half mile.....which is part of the reason I want to do BM Drive, I wanna ride the dirty dozen race in Pittsburgh this winter and in Berks we run out of up pretty quick on the steep roads.

I would ask if you were sure but you know everything about the LV I swore though it was Trexlertown GP......crazy I know I haven't slept in since April....last Sunday doesn't count because I was wicked drunk Saturday night

I always forget about the D&L thanks man....I'll let you know for sure, I'm super busy right now but sometime soonish though considering your monster ride your going to need to bring a jigsaw puzzle or something. I can go all day and I love to climb but I'm not very fast. Biggest thing we have around here is up to the Pagoda which really only has spook lane which is 13%avg but only for a half mile.....which is part of the reason I want to do BM Drive, I wanna ride the dirty dozen race in Pittsburgh this winter and in Berks we run out of up pretty quick on the steep roads.

If you want a bigger climb than BM Drive head past the mountain on Smith Rd and take a right onto Point Phillips Rd. The Danielsville side is dirt but it is manageable on a road bike with some fancy anchor work. 

• Like 1

I saw a guy cranking hard behind cars on 191 yesterday.

Dat exhuast lol

Ps...

Johnny i didnt know you are in reading. Im working at the 7th ave hospital (outside of reading)

You know anyone that does high rise windows? Reading is the closest that does that stuff. Besides jenkintown

I saw a guy cranking hard behind cars on 191 yesterday.

Dat exhuast lol

Ps...

Johnny i didnt know you are in reading. Im working at the 7th ave hospital (outside of reading)

You know anyone that does high rise windows? Reading is the closest that does that stuff. Besides jenkintown

I'm about 5mins outside of Reading in Exeter....I do not though I'm impressed that the Ding has money to clean windows LOL

Was in the burg this weekend, HB House is fucking a sweet but this place is redic....beer is real solid classics....not my pic...my pic was blurry because I was drunk EDIT: Fuck place is Church Brew Works

EWCt270.jpg

Edited by Johnny Law