This Weekend

NMSKI

I'll be up there on Saturday afternoon/night and Sunday. It'll be a combination of teaching my wife to ski, sneaking off by myself and drinking cold guys in the bar. Would be great to meet and ski/ride/have beers with some PASRs.

• Like 1

We had a fun time up there. Had some beers with Schif and his buddy on Saturday night, was great to meet a fellow PASR and nice guy. The skiing was nice today too. All the groomed trails skied really well. I had never spent any time in the glades area there and it was a lot of fun. White lightning had big bumps after the snowfall but actually wasn't that soft after it got real cold and frozen last night. Still fun though. I got a little overzealous with the off trail stuff forgetting that there is no base underneath the fresh. Will be lighting some ptex on fire this week. My wife is getting more confident on skis too which is a bonus. She's now comfortable on all the blues, so we'll keep progressing from there hopefully. Also, the weather was beautiful today actually got a little sunburned. Sorry didn't take a single damn pic though.

• Like 1

It was a great weekend up there for sure. Glad I popped into the Lodge for a few drinks and got to hang out with NM ski for a while, always awesome to hang out with another PASR guy as that happens far too infrequently for me. I was planning on running back up on Sunday morning for some turns, but didn't get a chance to so it sucks that I didn't get to catch some runs with him, but there is always next time.

The glades can be rough after a few days of people tracking in them, but they are still pretty good. The trails were not as good on Saturday or I'm sure Sunday as they could have been. I ran into a few slick spots that I wasn't expecting considering the snow and snowmaking, but I guess that's what happens when the place floods with a million people from Passaic NJ who go home and brag about doing a black diamond when in reality they slid sideways down Lower Runaway and created an ice sheet in a landing zone for me when I air off the headwall. Oh Well, there is always Tuesday.

Once I get to work I'll post up an overdue TR about Friday night, which was pretty much the best night of the year so far.

This president's day week long vacation is a crock of shit in PA... It happens to be a mid semester break for kids in MA and ME, and it gets super busy at SR the whole week... I get it. In PA, my junior year, 6 years ago, it still wasn't a week long vacation at CB. Starting my senior year, it was, but it wasn't blacked out on my college pass. I'm not sure if it is now. However, I just don't see the draw unless a bunch of Jersey and New York schools have it off. If that's the case, then I'm sure most of them head north. I don't know what they are getting at, but in terms of being a holiday period, i feel like they are really pushing it to the limit...

Edited by Ride Delaware ?

Today the long haul was closed. That thing needs to run all the time or be replaced ASAP. having the mountain broken up sucks.

Anyway, conditions were awesome today. and there were actually some lines for lifts (4-5 chair wait). However, their park is still terrible. The jumps look flat out dangerous. Their park is the only thing keeping me from getting a pass there.