The official 2013 / 2014 Ski Season Thread

RidgeRacer

Well then.

Just based off general thoughts and media, I always considered Snotage to be part of the Poconos. I respect the argument here, and will place it outside of that area.

There is no way I have ever considered Blue to be part of the Pokes. Same with BC. They are just too far south without the same climate.

Say what you will haters of Elk. It may only be like the Catskills in PA, have slow lifts, have expensive passes, and be anti glades, but it is in a league of it's own. If they ever consider it to be part of the Poconos, the other Pocono mountains should just be thankful to be included in the same breath.

Dude elk isn't heaven on earth. Blue has the funnest trails in the area. Whoever cut them knew their shit.

Dude elk isn't heaven on earth. Blue has the funnest trails in the area. Whoever cut them knew their shit.

I concur. I just didn't feel like taking the time to add every positive and negative to the post. When I switched from CB to Blue senior year, I really learned to appreciate Blue's terrain, especially the stuff on the fall line.

That being said, the runout at Blue may be worse/flatter than the runout to Elk...

The owners of blue, cb, and jfbb are laughing their asses of at that statement

Perhaps... It was definitely over the top. My fanboy energy got the best of me lol

Ride I like Elk a lot but to say it can't be mentioned in the same breath as the Pocono areas is a bit much. JFs trees, elevator etc are just as fun as anything at elk. Good snow on razors or switch back the same. That's all. Fan boy all you want. It's all good.

to my knowledge...there's nothing like the elevator at other PA mtns....at least in bounds that i'm aware of.

after every third post theres an ad. then words are linked to different sites.

Not seeing them in either the mobile or the desktop versions. Could you have accidentally installed a browser extension? Check your add-ins and run a malware check.

Edited by sibhusky

Risk it is fun too when there is snow. didn't Johnny style take a classic picture of the pasrs on risk it that one epic day at Jack Frost?

oh yeah, I forgot about that one too....I've not skied I yet....not that there has been enough snow to ski it when I've been to jf...

Me too. I wish it would be done for this season. My kids start to break down once we get off 476. This year I'm hitting pjs for dinner, rather than trying to make it to Bella Mia's. I wish there was also a solution for the mess on 95 and the southern part of 476 we always sit there for about a half hour on Friday nights.

I so feel your pain! I rememner those horrible long Friday night drives. Long stretch in between bathrooms too, especially when they closed the one rest stop. Only 1 hr 40 min for me to Winter Park now, its great. Hopefully all my kid drama will settle down soo and I will actually be able to go.

Staying at a friends ski in/out house in Mountain Village. Can't really complain.

Sweet, can't beat that. The village is pretty cool especially right after the mountain closes and town is just a gondola ride away for a more local vibe.

If they have the snow for it and you don't mind hiking a bit check out the gold hill chutes.

Elevator is steeper than white lightning but shorter

Extreme at Denton is steeper and the best skiing in PA is Blue Knob and it's not even close. The Knob has legit glades with a pseudo bowl and it actually snows there, 7 Springs is also probably in the running but the crowds there get crazy. You want to get legit challenged in PA ride at the Knob take upper Extrovert to D-Trail down to East Wall Glades. Once your done call me on the phone and tell me where else in PA you can ride terrain like that outside of the Pine Creek Gorge and there your walking. I don't mean you GSS, I mean the royal you if you will.

Sweet, can't beat that. The village is pretty cool especially right after the mountain closes and town is just a gondola ride away for a more local vibe.

If they have the snow for it and you don't mind hiking a bit check out the gold hill chutes.

Telluride is heaven on earth but that village is a monstrosity. It's almost always empty, the people that do have properties there don't live in CO let alone Telluride. It's a waste that turned perhaps the most beautiful place in the lower 48 into a wanna be.