snow blowers

indiggio

You see the forecast? All the snow will be gone tomorrow..and it's supposed to be marginal temperatures this week cool but not as good as last week.

Blue is hoping for Black Friday.

I like how ridge racer has all of a sudden become a blue fan boy

I give credit where credit is due. I never hated blue. It used to be my jam (do people still say "my jam" ) when I lived in SEPA . Blue's snow isn't the best by far but their lifts and trails are the best in the area, plus I really like what they've done with the place. The funnel cake stand is gone, the litter issue seems to be gone. They cut new trails. They have 2 high speed lifts now and the effort to stay open late last year and open early is a plus. Let's be honest they've done everything that Jack Frost hasn't.

I've skied big boulder much more than I wanted to over the past few years almost to the point where I kinda hope Friday night was my last day there for the season. I'm not a huge fan of the place. They ruined the one fun section on the mountain when they ripped the trees out of snow drift (still scratching my head there) and let's be honest, if you're not into park, it kinda sucks.

I'm partial to frost mainly because I can ski trees but I have my gripes with their awful lifts and their lack of improvements over the years. I don't see any changes happening there especially since frost has clearly taken a back seat to boulder which is bull shit; but BB has the lights so they really have no choice. I'm fairly certain that Jack Frost will only see improvements if it was under new or separate ownership which isn't going to happen but for now the best they can do is take a freaking lawn mower to east mountain. Every other area has seen tangible improvements (lifts, lodge improvements etc) over the past few years except frost.

Locally I'm really only focused on skiing blue, montage, frost and elk. Elk is about 65 miles from home and expensive as hell so that's usually good for once a season. Montage always deserves some time. It's on the nep card and they have the Saturday deal so I'll be there. it's also 45 minutes away so not the best option for a for a quick or RAW sesh. So that leaves me with frost and blue but honestly though I'm at the point where I'm just looking to ski new places here and out west. Hoping in the time machine and hitting some of the areas that on the WNEP card that I've yet to ski like Denton should also be a blast this year.

Guitar I don't see any snowmaking happening at Blue this week...sorry not even marginal temperatures. This is for Allentown so you can take 3-5 degrees off the forecasted temperatures.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

why don't you actually look up the forecast for blue before making assumptions? here you go, i did it for you. 7-Day blue mountain parking lot pimpin' forecast: http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?zoneid=PAZ054&zflg=1.

Looks like after tonight, every night from tuesday on out is at least a maybe, with almost guaranteed snowmaking temps tuesday and wednesday nights, and possible round the clock snowmaking by the end of the weekend. unless next week is really stupid (it's PA, so you can't rule it out), i'd say black friday opening is pretty feasible.

• Like 1

What forecast are you looking at??

Models and some general weather knowledge but if you look at NOAA you can clearly see a pattern change Sat-Sun.

Not to be a debbie downer but it looks like there will be a early dec warm up, the phasing is prolly not right for full on winter yet.

As for general advice do not believe anything other than NOAA, the rest are bullshit peddlers.

• Like 1

With the colder temps coming early next week, I don't see why they couldn't be open Black Friday. They could probably open ungroomed with spring conditions as early as tomorrow.

Blue regulars would know better, but any chance at t2b for Black Friday?