12/20/14..,last day of fall..sticky icky

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey all,

I'm back from another session at Blue mountain the true mountain. It has been exactly 4 weeks since opening day and as I pulled into the lower lot just before 730am the snowmaking cannons were firing blasting snow on almost all of the open terrain. The temperature was in the upper 20s under overcast sky. In the house were Atomic Jeff, NMSki, Johnny Law, Justo, Toast, Root, Rose, MBike Mike, Nastar Glenn, dude I went to high school with Jason, Ryan, Ty, dude with beard and at least two Gary's. First run down Paradise was good IMHO in my humble opinion. Year a little slow and sticky but consistently so with a dark sky and guns blasting a d whoop dee doos. Getting over to lazy and Main Street on tuts lane under the guns was interesting with one super sticky spot that mad things a bit herky jerky.

Main Street had ungroomed fresh manmade..some good some bad lower was rough as it gets with 90% of the skiers and riders starting from the summit lodge. Lazy mile was crazy mile pretty much everytime I skied it but the falls had some nice snow for those who are in the mood for double diamond terrain..homestretch was nutty. We all smelled a skunk riding the 6 pack..the last run on lazy mile was so spicy with the race kids, PASRs and all the Tom Dick and Harrrys..not saying it was that crowded with no real liftlines but still a solid amount of people on the trails.

My last run down Lazy nearing 10am I pretty much high fives two people while flying down and speaking of spicy I drank spicy beer NMSki brought, also Roots new beer which had a good banana like flavor and apparently pretty high test and also some dirt wolf and hop ranch. Was a fun session but again prob spent more time in the parking lot than skiing but its all good in my hood cause as Johnny Laws favorite Annie song says,"The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow"...UV index today -1...SMH shaking my Herman!!!

I'll catch some of you tomorrow.

Unfortunately I have 2 kids with double ear infections so today was a no go for me. Did the recent snowmaking help? Where are they blowing?

Blowing on almost all open terrain along with an assault on tubing. Snowmaking of course helped cause they blew for many hours and there were rollers on alot of the runs. The lack of visibility on some runs did make things a bit rowdy.

Just back with my daughter.  Snow on paradise got better as the day went on, and the crowds there got less as well.  Virtually no lift lines all day.  Bumps were kind of a drag, and the thick sugar snow on main street was fun to a point, then tiring.  Still, way better than no skiing!  And overall a fun day at Blue!