The K will be first!!!

VTmark

If it's a powder day I can see a reason for first chair.

Fresh courd? Pfft.

Cause an hour after blue opens there's already icy patches when it's smooth it's just so nice whether solid or soft cord it's a great feeling just flying down and as someone else mentioned empty trails are a real treat. Plus no liftlines and early on the lift rarely stops so you can really rack up the runs.

Also the best pow runs I've had at blue have been mid day during a heavy snowstorm...at best you might get a few fresh inches on some runs if it snows a little bit after grooming gotta be a rider of the storm to get that freshie fresh at blue the true.

• Like 2

I guess another factor for me coming from NJ is that if I am up early enough to get to Blue by opening, I am up early enough to either go to the Catskill for the day or take advantage of the cheap AM ticket at Montage, where the black diamond stuff never gets crowded.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

I guess another factor for me coming from NJ is that if I am up early enough to get to Blue by opening, I am up early enough to either go to the Catskill for the day or take advantage of the cheap AM ticket at Montage, where the black diamond stuff never gets crowded.

All skiers should be up early any weekend day period no excuses.

Isn't montage way farther than blue from NJ???

• Like 2

Montage is an extra 30 minutes. But I can ski all morning and typically an hour or two into the afternoon for like 27 without ever waiting on a lift line.

Catskills are an extra hour, but I can ski stuff that's a challenge instead of just a Challenge and not be wanting more at the end of each run.

• Like 1

PASR's talk a good liberal game about wealth redistribution, until it actually comes time to pay up.  Then suddenly, their wallets are empty and that liberal mantra no longer applies smh

I had a lawyer call me. We gave a price quote to one of her clients and the memorial stone was $1600 and lawyer said that the family doesn't have much money and can we give a better price. Pissed me off and I said why should they get a discount because she's poor. I then asked lawyer if she gives poor people discounts and she said yeah she charges $100 an hour for poor people and $300 an hour normally. Wow just wow fuck that shit.

Belleayre indicates tentative plans to open on Black Friday. If they pull it off that would be the first available skiing for someone who's got a good reason for taking the easy way out (that is, a day tripper)

Prob be lower Onoteira it's about 600 very from the mid station not a bad run.

doug you seem to be drifting from liberal to conservative

I've never been a liberal I've always been pretty much in the middle.

No-Money.jpg

says the guy with a new Audi

i think its safe to say me and mark are the most devoted people on this site in regards to skiing/snowboarding. a few PASR's have similar drives, but they are older, and its easier for older people to wake up early

and I might be the only one to literally exchange my jar of coins and almost half of one pay check for my season pass.