some pictures from blue

larrytbull

It does get a little bit more interesting.....

Business Description
The Tuthill Corporation, which also operates under the name Blue Mountain Ski Area, is located in Palmerton, Pennsylvania. This organization      primarily operates in the Ski Lodge business / industry within the Hotels, Rooming Houses, Camps, and Other Lodging Places sector. This organization has been operating      for approximately 41 years. The Tuthill Corporation is estimated to generate $55.7 million in annual revenues, and employs approximately 1,200 people at this single    
  location.

the price of burgers could be affected by this.  

T   

Ive only had the cheesesteak ones and plain. Their cheese fries with old bay seasoning are also good.

My dad has owned many companies. I'm glad he bought the tombstone company...alot shorter commute than the pierogie company that's out in berks county.

STFU Doug, we all know you don't get cheese on your steak sangs. SMH

Indiggio maybe they'll hire someone else to seed the bumps. A shame flying Johnny burned his bridges with blue.

Keeping fingers crossed, but Danny was a bump skier and took a lot of pride in his work.

Was danny the bump instructor?  I met that guy on the lift once - nice guy. 

Why did he leave?

No, instructor was Greg Straub and yes he relocated to Denver.

Danny went to build parks out at Mt. Hood.

Said it was too great an opportunity to pass up and relocated.

It does get a little bit more interesting.....

Business Description

The Tuthill Corporation, which also operates under the name Blue Mountain Ski Area, is located in Palmerton, Pennsylvania. This organization primarily operates in the Ski Lodge business / industry within the Hotels, Rooming Houses, Camps, and Other Lodging Places sector. This organization has been operating for approximately 41 years. The Tuthill Corporation is estimated to generate $55.7 million in annual revenues, and employs approximately 1,200 people at this single

location.

the price of burgers could be affected by this.

T

$56M surprises me. I'd love to see a balance sheet. Hard to tell much just based on revenue but one thing is certain: blue cuts as many corners as possible with respect to operations and employee treatment.

$56M surprises me. I'd love to see a balance sheet. Hard to tell much just based on revenue but one thing is certain: blue cuts as many corners as possible with respect to operations and employee treatment.

I think they can get away with paying less because its a seasonal business and also the perk of a free season pass and I believe discounted season passes for family members. I know they do about 400,000 skier visits per year so that number is $140 per visit but they make revenue from other means besides just lift tickets including tubing, lessons, rentals, catering/weddings, mountain biking, disc golf, adventure park, gift shops and food. I know camelback sold for about $70 million and they have alot more facilities than blue. To think a ski area sold for about what it makes in one years revenue is crazy. I don't know much about business valuation but many large corporations sell for many times their annual revenue. I'm so happy I'm not in the ski resort business. Its just so fickle. Usually XMAS week is a washout and last year MLK day wasn't crowded at all.

That's revenue not profit........they are most definitely carrying insurance for this kind of thing but with a mil payout their premiums will rise and they are already probably pretty high.

That's revenue not profit........they are most definitely carrying insurance for this kind of thing but with a mil payout their premiums will rise and they are already probably pretty high.

That's still serious revenue even a 2% profit margin and barb is making a million a year in income. Not bad

Yep, exactly what I was saying... Revenue doesn't tell the whole story.