Zee Lights

skifreak

If they manage to go from dirt to selling tickets in eight hours I'll eat a glove.

They have the firepower in the pump room - seriously, they could make Challenge look like Superstar - but they really don't have the right snowguns or the 20 person per shift snowmaking crew to make it happen. The automatic low energy towers are miracles but they spread that firepower out across six or eight trails at once.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Honestly it’s only Black Friday. It would be nice but if it doesn’t happen (which it won’t) we’ll all survive. Forecast looks promising for 12-1 which is still early. Props to blue for even having the balls to call a Black Friday opener way early when, meanwhile, camelback is Dec 15 and JFBB hasn’t even said anything yet.

• Like 1

Temps are so borderline, and with 3/4" rain predicted, im pretty surprised they are doing anything.  i will give them credit for putting on a show and wasting some PPL energy.  Again, i wanna ski Friday, but that shit aint happening.  Good news is temps did trend a little colder for friday and saturday nights, and next week still show cold overnight temps.  we need good overnight temps, not 28 degrees, cloudy, and high humidity.  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Again, i wanna ski Friday, but that shit aint happening.  Good news is temps did trend a little colder for friday and saturday nights, and next week still show cold overnight temps.  we need good overnight temps, not 28 degrees, cloudy, and high humidity.  

I wanna hit whatever they were smokin', sitting around the office thinking they were gonna open up Black Friday!

31 minutes ago, indiggio said:

I wanna hit whatever they were smokin', sitting around the office thinking they were gonna open up Black Friday!

Im wondering when they will give up on that idea.  I mean, at this point, lets be realistic.  

the funny thing is the comments on FB.....but i guess people dont pay that close attention to the weather.  people are asking what trails will be open, and that it will be "sick"

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Im wondering when they will give up on that idea.  I mean, at this point, lets be realistic.  

the funny thing is the comments on FB.....but i guess people dont pay that close attention to the weather.  people are asking what trails will be open, and that it will be "sick"

Will Sidewinder be open?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

So you all waiting til Dec to ski or anyone else road tripping north with a belly full of triptamine?

Whats worth driving for?  Its early season, most likely any place will be pretty crowded, i mean, except where you go, that will be ski on every time.  Killington has like 4 trails, i mean, sure if i was within earshot i would be all over what ever there was to offer.  if im gonna drive a bunch, i want it to be worth while, not just something to do.  

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Whats worth driving for?  Its early season, most likely any place will be pretty crowded, i mean, except where you go, that will be ski on every time.  Killington has like 4 trails, i mean, sure if i was within earshot i would be all over what ever there was to offer.  if im gonna drive a bunch, i want it to be worth while, not just something to do.  

Worth it to me to drive for an extra weekend with skiing and really I don't need much on day 1 as mostly about reminding muscles not used since April what I expect of them. 

Belleayre will likely have 926' of vertical open with 3 runs including blue, black and double black.

Remains to be seen if Hunter will open but if they do it will be 1463' of vertical with blue and black terrain.

Either are close enough to day trip. Worth it for me, even if I have to buy 3 tix to ski off pass at Belleayre. Going to Beaver Creek in a month and want to get my teens in good skiing shape for the season well before then. If we don't do it Fri then next day I could take them would be Dec 10. Ski it when you can.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Boner City 1

12 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Worth it to me to drive for an extra weekend with skiing and really I don't need much on day 1 as mostly about reminding muscles not used since April what I expect of them. 

Belleayre will likely have 926' of vertical open with 3 runs including blue, black and double black.

Remains to be seen if Hunter will open but if they do it will be 1463' of vertical with blue and black terrain.

Either are close enough to day trip. Worth it for me, even if I have to buy 3 tix to ski off pass at Belleayre. Going to Beaver Creek in a month and want to get my teens in good skiing shape for the season well before then. If we don't do it Fri then next day I could take them would be Dec 10. Ski it when you can.

Are you and Joy married yet?