Zee Lights

skifreak

45 minutes ago, Benm said:

Vista getting some love. Guessing it's colder at the top

Of course, tubing has fired up now. 

You guessed correct no inversion..now let’s watch do it’s magic…the next 60 hours+ gonna be crucial..every degree drop is a positive one…36 in the A..29 at mount pocono.  Aggressive start.  The winds might fill in the glades. 

2 hours ago, DiMe said:

Looks like they changed it to Saturday without a social media post.  Im guessing because the rain in the forecast for Friday.

Screenshot_20231128_010810_Chrome.jpg

And closed Monday-Thursday next week…based on the tickets are available.  That gives the snow an extra day to cure and plenty of time for the groomers to get the place open with a signature product. 

56 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

And closed Monday-Thursday next week…based on the tickets are available.  That gives the snow an extra day to cure and plenty of time for the groomers to get the place open with a signature product. 

Bah, hate midweek closures.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DiMe said:

Looks like they changed it to Saturday without a social media post.  Im guessing because the rain in the forecast for Friday.

Screenshot_20231128_010810_Chrome.jpg

Said the same thing in the e-mail, yet nothing on Fakebook?

Blue's marketing needs to get it's act together.

From their FB banner just now...
image.thumb.png.298a67151b6266baa74e473acb679247.png

Edited by indiggio

1 hour ago, indiggio said:

Said the same thing in the e-mail, yet nothing on Fakebook?

Blue's marketing needs to get it's act together.

From their FB banner just now...
image.thumb.png.298a67151b6266baa74e473acb679247.png

You guys expecting that one of these days Blue is gonna have their shit together is still hilarious.  Just cause KSL moved in doesnt mean old habits wont go away immediately.  

18 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

odd to see everything shut off on Main Street...

I have a theory on this.  They had some type of issue that goes along with the digging they did on Vista, and couldnt run guns on Vista, so move to plan B, which is get main street open.  then whatever got fixed, and now back to plan A, which is gettting Vista open.  I feel they would favor Vista, for slope and lodge access, over Main.  Gotta sell those hot chocolates.  

Hopefully what is down on Main doesnt go to waste before they can get back to it.  

3 minutes ago, Benm said:

sorry skiers, we need those 16 guns full blast on tubing.

I know you probably know this, but tubing is a license to print money.  You need to concede to this happening.  your life will be better.  Go get a Little Caesars Hot and Ready, and chill.  

Beating A Dead Horse GIFs | GIFDB.com

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, DiMe said:

Well with all the shitty news tonight of the opening day pushback to Saturday and the apparent mid week closing.  I present some good news in that at least they dont have to shut down at all during daylight hours today.

yeah i was just about to mention this. originally i was just seeing tues being below freeze all day, now it's showing wed also.

also, favorable humidity during the warmest hours. 

@JFskiDan that graphic you had earlier with the forecast, what zip/area was that for?

Edited by Benm
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Benm said:

yeah i was just about to mention this. originally i was just seeing tues being below freeze all day, now it's showing wed also.

also, favorable humidity during the warmest hours. 

@JFskiDan that graphic you had earlier with the forecast, what zip/area was that for?

Palmerton

image.thumb.png.026572a6ccddb5ddf618f550933d8bb3.png

Tomorrow may actually end up being colder.  I mean, pick a forecast from wherever that you like the best i guess.  the big deal is overnight temps will be pretty much on point.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DiMe said:

Well with all the shitty news tonight of the opening day pushback to Saturday and the apparent mid week closing.  I present some good news in that at least they dont have to shut down at all during daylight hours today.

Screenshot_20231128_063655_Chrome.jpg

That’s not news to any of us along with being closed next week Monday-Thursday.  

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The hate you have on tubing is crazy. I could see hate if they opened tubing before skiing like camelback does.  You can’t enjoy tubing and also hate on it.  

IMG_4425.jpeg.54f6b56a39b4e007fff74cd0987c35a0.jpegBlow snow on a tubing run that you’re not going to open on till Thursday the seventh? But you’re not open for mid week skiing?

2 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

IMG_4425.jpeg.54f6b56a39b4e007fff74cd0987c35a0.jpegBlow snow on a tubing run that you’re not going to open on till Thursday the seventh? But you’re not open for mid week skiing?

Seriously. 

Beating A Dead Horse - South Park GIF - - Discover & Share GIFs

I think tubing is dumb, but its something that even the most uncoordinated, overweight, colorblind, dummy can do. I would bet that more than 50% of the sale of gloves, goggles, hats and lip balm are to tubers.  Its part of their business, so be it.  just stop looking over there.  Get a Little Caesars Hot and Ready, split it with @Benm and chill.  

You know as well as i do, if they dont make snow on it right now, they wont be able to make the 7th opening.  After like Thursday, it will probably be a week before they get snowmaking temps back.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Seriously. 

Beating A Dead Horse - South Park GIF - - Discover & Share GIFs

I think tubing is dumb, but its something that even the most uncoordinated, overweight, colorblind, dummy can do. I would bet that more than 50% of the sale of gloves, goggles, hats and lip balm are to tubers.  Its part of their business, so be it.  just stop looking over there.  Get a Little Caesars Hot and Ready, split it with @Benm and chill.  

You know as well as i do, if they dont make snow on it right now, they wont be able to make the 7th opening.  After like Thursday, it will probably be a week before they get snowmaking temps back.  

Lol yeah tubing subsidizes our addiction. It can be costly if you don’t have employees who pay attention.

https://www.law.com/verdictsearch/verdict/dangerous-snow-tubing-slope-led-to-fracture-alleged-lawsuit/

I wonder if they will be upset if I ski down the tubing lanes while looking at idle ski lifts 🙃☹️