Zee Lights

skifreak

43 minutes ago, Benm said:

would be amazing if they kept things running overnight and throughout the day tomorrow. its a shame there's so much wind tho, i wonder how much it affects things.  

They will and winds aren’t ideal but you can see by the webcams a lot of the snow they’re blowing is sticking to the trails.  Opening will likely be similar to last season.  Paradise, Freefall and burma…maybe come around vista easy out midway and lower Main Street as well.  One year they opened in November with lazy mile. That was rad. 

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Now blue is saying anticipated opening on Saturday which isn’t news but they said keep thinking cold and it could be sooner…no it won’t be sooner lol.  The people who run their FB are legit a bunch of Jabronies.  

i think they could - 
limit opened trails 
wouldn't be a lot of ppl tearing things up with the late notice
can't have JFBB one upping them
maybe 9-4

doug, you would know, what's their track record with opening before other mtns?

Edited by Benm

55 minutes ago, EdBacon said:

Jack Frost is opening Dec 1

They have had better weather for snowmaking.  For sure.  they have also been making snow at BB, which they usually dont do.  

And since it seems to be a huge point of contention here, did they say anything about tubing?  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

They have had better weather for snowmaking.  For sure.  they have also been making snow at BB, which they usually dont do.  

And since it seems to be a huge point of contention here, did they say anything about tubing?  

i get it. i'm done talking about tubing. deadhorse.gif

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

JF doesn't do tubing anymore. It isn't family friendly enough.

9 minutes ago, Benm said:

i think they could - 
limit opened trails 
wouldn't be a lot of ppl tearing things up with the late notice
can't have JFBB one upping them
maybe 9-4

doug, you would know, what's their track record with opening before other mtns?

They could but they won’t.  Camelback only opened before Blue once when Jim Doily forgot to get the lifts inspected.  I remember @theprogram4 riding spring mountain once when blue wasn’t open.  Big boulder always used to be the first to open…as for Jack Frost I don’t think it’s on blues radar as competition. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, EdBacon said:

JF doesn't do tubing anymore. It isn't family friendly enough.

Their lodge was retro a decade ago…any improvements to it..I saw that they have new lifts but still slow lifts.  We used to do a PASR day there every season back when Phillycore and PARidge were instructors there and JFDan was a regular.  We even stalked TTC6 once. 

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

They could but they won’t.  Camelback only opened before Blue once when Jim Doily forgot to get the lifts inspected.  I remember @theprogram4 riding spring mountain once when blue wasn’t open.  Big boulder always used to be the first to open…as for Jack Frost I don’t think it’s on blues radar as competition. 

thanks

now i gotta figure out what snax to get for the lot/lift

Edited by Benm
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Benm said:

thanks

now i gotta figure out what snax to get for the lot. 

I remember four years ago, when you were drinking 16 ounce IPAs before opening..good thing you switched back to miller lites lol. I was thinking who’s this yahoo but Johnny law said you were alright lol

Cant wait to sing Benny and the jets with Matt edge in the lift with you.  JLaw likes to sing as well.  I remember him singing the sun will cum out tomorrow on the lift.  That’s a banger. 

• Like 3