Zee Lights

skifreak

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I think generally lessons can cut the liftline.  It’s like that everywhere. 

I hate long lift lines, but I also hate paying all that money for camp for my kids and them not getting an adequate number of laps in to lurn sumthin. 

If they were in camp on Sunday last week instead of Saturday I honestly would have wished they kept them in the little Frontier learning area

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I think generally lessons can cut the liftline.  It’s like that everywhere. 

I think he's talking about BMR, not lessons.

I don't think anyone has an issue with lessons cutting lines, that simply makes sense with the outrageous amount of money lessons cost.

BMR, on the other hand, should not be allowed to cut lines.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Boner City 1

2 minutes ago, Benm said:

give them widowmaker and vista chair.

Blue should have opened up widowmaker at the beginning and given that to BMR the entire time instead of pissing on Raisins that one time, only to have it end up in the retention pond.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, indiggio said:

I don't think anyone has an issue with lessons cutting lines, that simply makes sense with the outrageous amount of money lessons cost.

But BMR is considered lessons just the same as the programs some of the PASR groms are in. 

Lessons you cut the line because it's almost always timed and you pay out the ass plus it's assumed the instructor will fill chairs. 

BMR are a necessary evil I think,  too much money for them to turn down and I do like going by them as they don't get passed alot so they are always surprised.

My absolute favorite is when they are dicking around mid lower main strung out horizontaly like Christmas lights. You get the motor going and from the very top just go straight at them, do not deviate do not for even the billionth of a second unsquare your body from the fall line, go faster and faster directly at them and watch them squirm. 

You want to have a confab every 10 turns gtfo the trail or at least line up and down the hill. 

Someone I know used to like to use them and ski patrol on challenge as gates, one time he got so close going so fast I swear the dude pooped his pants. Good times 

• Haha 3

I kinda from time to time want to ask... Do you ever speak in court? And if or when you do, and if you speak the way you write, is the judge as surprised as the BMR you're passing on slopes?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Lessons you cut the line because it's almost always timed and you pay out the ass plus it's assumed the instructor will fill chairs. 

BMR are a necessary evil I think,  too much money for them to turn down and I do like going by them as they don't get passed alot so they are always surprised.

My absolute favorite is when they are dicking around mid lower main strung out horizontaly like Christmas lights. You get the motor going and from the very top just go straight at them, do not deviate do not for even the billionth of a second unsquare your body from the fall line, go faster and faster directly at them and watch them squirm. 

You want to have a confab every 10 turns gtfo the trail or at least line up and down the hill. 

Someone I know used to like to use them and ski patrol on challenge as gates, one time he got so close going so fast I swear the dude pooped his pants. Good times 

I’m getting old..that’s the way I skied from when I was a teenager to my thirties and once I crashed into that kid head on at full speed I’ve been spooked and a bit more cautious.  Since then I only had one collision if you can even count it as one.  

One day last season I was skiing paradise alone and some boomer was hogging the trail and on the second corner when he was going wide left I snuck to his right…he saw me but decided it was the time to go all the way across…so I put on the brakes and he legit almost went back uphill right into my skis…he fell I didn’t cause I’m an agile mofo except in ski area bathrooms and crossing streets in ski towns. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

One day last season I was skiing paradise alone and some boomer was hogging the trail and on the second corner when he was going wide left I snuck to his right…he saw me but decided it was the time to go all the way across…so I put on the brakes and he legit almost went back uphill right into my skis…he fell I didn’t cause I’m an agile mofo except in ski area bathrooms and crossing streets in ski towns. 

I hate passing 'cause I can never time it properly, esp. if someone goes edge to edge, or if that someone is on a board who's moving like some brownian particle. What I lately found works the best is the contrarian approach. You aim to hit the guy, and by the time you get close, he'll invariably make another turn and clear the way.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, indiggio said:

BMR parents pay a lot more than it costs to take a lesson. But hopefully the liftline issues have been resolved. Now they need to work on the packed slopes and not hold back the guns next week.  Had to wait on top several times today until the crowd on the run thinned out a little. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

One day last season I was skiing paradise alone and some boomer….

Saw a boomer being loaded into the ambulance near the patrol shack when I quit today about 11. Bunch of concerned boomers looking on. Don’t know if it was one of the geezer regulars or a club. 

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, eaf said:

I hate passing 'cause I can never time it properly, esp. if someone goes edge to edge, or if that someone is on a board who's moving like some brownian particle. What I lately found works the best is the contrarian approach. You aim to hit the guy, and by the time you get close, he'll invariably make another turn and clear the way.

There are some people I know exactly how they ski…but most are unpredictable…anybody skiing like 85% of my speed or more that’s hogging the trail or skiing side by side with somebody, I’ll just hold back a little which then makes me feel a little less safe cause then I’ll get passed by mofos even straight lining rentards sometimes 

Somebody who I won’t name because he lurks, will purposely hold back a few seconds at the top so he can go balls to the walls and pass everybody..I’ve noticed so now will hold back even more and watch the fuckery from behind.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 2

Just now, C1erArt said:

Saw a boomer being loaded into the ambulance near the patrol shack when I quit today about 11. Bunch of concerned boomers looking on. Don’t know if it was one of the geezer regulars or a club. 

Dang and no disrespect meant using the term Boomer, most of y’all are pretty nice, Jimmy even gave me two cookies the other day.  

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Dang and no disrespect meant using the term Boomer, most of y’all are pretty nice, Jimmy even gave me two cookies the other day.  

Actually I prefer the term “geezer”, I’ve earned it. More descriptive of how everything hurts after a morning on the slopes. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, eaf said:

I kinda from time to time want to ask... Do you ever speak in court? And if or when you do, and if you speak the way you write, is the judge as surprised as the BMR you're passing on slopes?

Mbike once came to meet me at work to borrow some avy gear for WF and he walked right past me. There is a guy i work with now that apparently skis at blue but he would never recognize me. I don't take it as an insult, most people are very boring and have no range. I am very good at what I do, be it skiing, work, fucking....what you would find funny is I do alot of speaking for cles and in work townhalls, I'm also good at that. 

7 minutes ago, eaf said:

This is the way, but when you get at passing distance whatever way they set their feet go the opposite. It's an arc like a car, so it's not possible to occupy the same space if your timing is right. It's like passing a semi, don't fuck around pass or stay behind. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, C1erArt said:

Oh fuck, I saw them bring in the ambulances and I didn't see BFG's crew at all but hope those dudes are good, they are good people. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Johnny Law said:

Mbike once came to meet me at work to borrow some avy gear for WF and he walked right past me. 

I tend to recognize people more by their ski technique and gear rather than their face. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Johnny Law said:

Oh fuck, I saw them bring in the ambulances and I didn't see BFG's crew at all but hope those dudes are good, they are good people. 

Don’t think it was, didn’t recognize anyone standing around. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Mbike once came to meet me at work to borrow some avy gear for WF ..

Whiteface? Was he going to run the slides? Have you run them? Think a beacon is my son’s next bday present. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, C1erArt said:

Might not have been a skiing accident. 

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

I wasn’t there today. Sure it wasn’t any of our crew, I would have heard.