Zee Lights

skifreak

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wow you might be the first PASR to ride the poconos fastest six pack. 

PASRs will not be first-chair on the six. It will be me hosting a book-club discussion of the Great Gatsby. Admission to chair based on SAT scores and a compelling personal essay. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, SallyCat said:

PASRs will not be first-chair on the six. It will be me hosting a book-club discussion of the Great Gatsby. Admission to chair based on SAT scores and a compelling personal essay. 

Bahahahaha I only got a 1260 on the SATs..and I did a lot better on the Math portion.  

I don't know if there are any college students on PASR but the first two weeks in January college students with a valid ID can buy 8 hour lift tickets on weekdays for $30 and Blue has also substantially lowered their lift ticket prices and are charging youth pricing for all and offer a $5 discount on passes bought online.  Good stuff. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I don't know if there are any college students on PASR but the first two weeks in January college students with a valid ID can buy 8 hour lift tickets on weekdays for $30 and Blue has also substantially lowered their lift ticket prices and are charging youth pricing for all and offer a $5 discount on passes bought online.  Good stuff. 

I am.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Thanks. My nephew just texted me. Wants to come up here and go riding sometime in January. 

22 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

you are the man Doug.  Not sure what Blue would do without you.  

Thanks they're all over the place...now let's hope the employees get the memo to show up early on 12/26...I've told Blue before I'll be their social media guy for free..would save them $7.25 an hour. 

Just now, saltyant said:

I stand corrected. The "Past Observations" page on wunderground.com for Palmerton states the high was 43, and dropped to 32 at 6:15 PM.

I presume I misinterpreted their main page and confused "forecast" and "observation".

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Observation.aspx?location=USPA1244

It's ok I'll let it slide...thanks SallyAnne!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I see quite a few people on the webcam tonight, so it can't be that bad out. I'm almost certain that I'll be there after 6 pm tomorrow, and possibly ski for the last time in my Elan Morpheo 4 Early Rise Rockers, 168s.

That's sweet that you are getting new skis this weekend.  You should try to haggle for the Volkys

8 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I see quite a few people on the webcam tonight, so it can't be that bad out. I'm almost certain that I'll be there after 6 pm tomorrow, and possibly ski for the last time in my Elan Morpheo 4 Early Rise Rockers, 168s.

Maybe you'll beat the 2 hour and 8 minute drive of last week...

22 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Have you tried the Volkls out, or demo'd anything else besides your current skis?

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

That's sweet that you are getting new skis this weekend.  You should try to haggle for the Volkys

I can try, but I'm not really good at haggling. They're asking $599 and I will get some price comparisons, but other than that I don't really have much leverage to lower the price because it's the beginning of the season.

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Maybe you'll beat the 2 hour and 8 minute drive of last week...

I sure hope so.

57 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Have you tried the Volkls out, or demo'd anything else besides your current skis?

I have never skied on anything else. Maybe I should demo before dropping such a big investment, since skis are probably non-refundable. A ski shop near CB will let me take out a pair of Volkys for $40, so maybe I should...

Salty does the $599 include binders?  Look online and if you see a better price print it out that's your leverage.  Aren't they last years model. Sometimes if you pay cash you can avoid paying sales tax which would save you $30 right there. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich