Jackson Hole stoke thread...2015-16!!!

GrilledSteezeSandwich

January 25, 2016

Day 3 of 9

Hey all,

I've finished another nice day at Jackson hole mountain resort. Me and atomic Jeff were about 50th in line for the aerial tramway and at 9am we ascended 4139 vertical feet to the summit of rendezvous mountain in a speedy 9 minutes. We were rewarded with 4-6" of untracked powder in rendezvous bowl and it was light and dry pixie dust..I saw so many titty sparkles. Then I skied bivoac and atomic Jeff skied Cheyenne bowl and we high tailed it down to the sublette lift by 9:16am. Up sublette and we had an incredible untracked run in ten sleep bowl to the cirque with a 60 year old guy from Washington state who decided to join us and skied with us for about two hours. Interesting character who lives in a van and stores all his stuff on a plot of land in a shipping container. He can rip as well and had no trouble keeping up. He talked about his days doing meth with biker gangs and skiing hippie powder.

We then made our way back to thunder skied side of grand in untracked up sublette and did a repeat of the cirque since it was still mostly untracked. Woo was it good. Up the thunder again and down the fresh below the expert chutes. I was feeling dehydrated and my legs hurt a bit so I took the nez pierce traverse over to Casper lodge and had a Gatorade and twix bar for $8.25 total then took Casper lift and met atomic Jeff at bottom of the thunder lift. We then skied grand again and made our way to the hobacks which were very nice until the last 500 very where the new snow thinned to just an inch or two. My feet and boots felt better than yesterday but still in early season mode.

Up Union pass lift over to teewinot up teewinot up apres vous combination of groomers and woods to base of Teton lift and skied some new to me terrain which was incredibly playful and great snow powdery and buttery lots of tight tree lines which is where I excel. Was about 1pm by then and I was beat and we had lunch at the four seasons. Me and atomic Jeff split a $13 soft pretzel with cheese sauce and I had chili and AJeff had a Quinoa burger and a stein of beer. In my Arnold Palmer the ice cubes were made of iced tea. Now riding the bus back to Jackson hole. Amazing day and still 6 more ski days!!!!

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 4

13$ pretzel? Did they bring it on a forklift? Free mustard? WTF

It's the four seasons and it's quite large. My Arnold Palmer was $5 and Jeffs stein of pacos IPA which was prob 32 ounces was $14. Now I'm feeling farty from the chili. Good thing we are almost back to town. I'll save the fart for the elevator. post-512-0-22142400-1453758588_thumb.jpeg

I don't know what's goofier: a 13$ pretzel or going to the 4 seasons for lunch and ordering a pretzel.

NazarethSkier Jay will confirm it's an amazing soft pretzel.  

Today was awesome.  I skied pretty hard today and was rewarded.  The Cirque was probably the ROTD.  Pretty freakin deep.  It was so good had to rinse and repeat twice despite needing to take 2 lifts for every 1 cirque run.  Dude from Stevens Pass was next level.  Skis 75 days a year living out his van, most of them at Stevens Pass.  Did a little too many drugs earlier in his life.  But he wouldn't have skied as much pow as he did had we not showed him around.  When Doug stopped for some hydration, I skied Paint Brush which was awesome, following by Mushroom Shoots and Hoops Gap.  All great double diamond terrain off of Thunder which makes for quick laps.  Hobacks were playful but a little stiff near the bottom.  Our last run of the day off the top of Teton lift was super soft snow and you could charge really hard.  It was previously hike to terrain that I've skied before.  Despite being lift serviced it still doesn't see a lot of traffic.

Just another day in paradise here in Jackson Hole.  Looks like a few sunny days with the storm cycle restarting Thursday night.  Looking forward to tomorrow!

• Like 6

I don't know what's goofier: a 13$ pretzel or going to the 4 seasons for lunch and ordering a pretzel.

Soft pretzels are fucking awesome. Especially with cheese sauce for dipping!!!

And the restaurant we ate lunch in was very casual.

What are dinner plans tonight?

Mexican food. Tomorrow night going to gourmet pizza place for two for one pizza pies Wednesday Nanis pasta house...

You shoulda ordered the grilled Steeze sandwich. Cumz with special sauce! Hahaha

Strike 2...just kidding you're alright we should hangout when I get back from JH ;-)

Happy Hourpost-512-0-92754700-1453762899_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1