Jackson Hole stoke thread...2015-16!!!

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Significant precip coming Friday night Saturday. Calling it an "atmospheric river". You guys should be gettin this too!http://wasatchweatherweenies.blogspot.com/2016/01/perspectives-on-our-next-storm-cycle.html?m=1

Yup our last two days are gonna be powder days..who knows maybe it will continue dumping and we'll be stuck here even longer!!!

• Like 1

January 30, 2016

Day 5 of 9

Hey all,

I'm done with another fun day at Jackson hole mountain resort. We managed the second civilian gondola as out pilot buddy had the first one. First run on amphitheater was great. Nice semi stiff cord..plenty of cushion for the pushing. Second run we skied that again then skied Grand which was grand. Up sublette for bivoac and bivoac woods...all of the fluff from the last few days is gone but the snow was nice and chalky. We then skied Pepi's run which was bumps named after former Olympian and Jackson hole resident Pepi Stiegler then skied over to Thunder up thunder and cut over to the Casper chair up Casper and skied a variety of groomers to the base.

We then boarded the Tram and it was Toasts first time on the legendary aerial tramway which travels 2.5 miles and 4139 vertical feet in 9.5 miles. We thought about getting waffle sandwiches at corbetts cabin but passed on that and then went down rendezvous bowl which was mainly bumps it wasn't good and wasn't bad. Then bivoac again and up sublette and we traversed over to the top of thunder and over to the thunder woods which weren't as good as yesterday. Was like skiing in a luge track. Then up thunder over to apres vous up apres vous and I was beat so took a last groomer to the base and atomic Jeff and toast skied a few more runs while I hung out on a bench outside the Bridger center giving out likes on Facebook. We had a nice lunch at the alpenhof and now are riding the bus back to town. Tomorrow looks like a hard pack day and then will snow the next three days. Tonight after supper I'm gonna give toast a tour of Jackson bars. The plan is to hit up 4 bars. Should be fun.

• Like 7

http://opensnow.com/dailysnow/teton/post/5086

"Expect our first round of snow to drop 1-3 inches by Friday morning's report, followed by a quick uptick in activity as we head into Friday afternoon and Friday evening. Our main event will then blast off on Friday night, with very heavy snow expected through much of Saturday. Colder air will then begin to stream into the region by Saturday night, weakening snowfall rates as we head into Sunday. In total, we could be looking at 2-3 FEET for Jackson Hole, Grand Targhee, and favored slopes along the Teton Range through Sunday"

Stoke market is rising.

• Like 2

Sound like good night to tie one on and get it out of the way so ready for pow when it comes

We'll prob be in bed by 10pm anyway it's tough when my Montana buddy is in town and he wants to be out till 2am and then I wake up at 7am with double vision. Just good that toast wants to go to the bars and go drinking with me since atomic Jeff isn't a bar person.

Can't wait to sit on the saddles at the cowboy bar..if any fly ladies wanna save a horse they can ride this cowboy yeeeee haaaaa

Also on the tram they played paradise city and last dance with Mary Jane. People here love songs that are 30 years old. Better than that take a load off Annie hippie dippy shit. Fortunately our bus driver played techno and club music...made me wanna pop a molly

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Good day. While Jeff and Doug went in I took one last run up the gondola and ride the entire lift line back down under it. ~2800' of bumps. Serious leg burn and good way to end the day before some nice bison chili.

Some pics.

003740d231bec89f61b9dc34b36071ac.jpg

10993076d10e7a454d28500a40acac81.jpg

e9a6579092647d3c4cee669264196ca4.jpg

c9ae5ea36a010626b3f724708e6d7d9c.jpg

09fd6914eeabfb6017098373ba9fda32.jpg

6dac7501b94ed25bbbf369e4b4df06ff.jpg

ac61ce9e4a0bfde138030c5f656d2d94.jpg

Came back. Went for a run on the treadmill again to keep the streak alive. First time I got to enjoy it during the daylight. Then hopped in the pool.

Treadmill view.

b24f3587c69bd09e7cbffff0a383eae0.jpg

Pool view.

3cf78bbee8cb835b154456382c8669d4.jpg

Heading into town for dinner and drinks in a bit.

• Like 8