Jackson Hole stoke thread...2015-16!!!

GrilledSteezeSandwich

1/31/16...day 9 of 9

Hey all,

I'm done with the final ski day of my 13th trip to Jackson Hole. Last night me and atomic Jeff had a nice supper at Nanis pasta house where we had wine, antipasto, homemade pasta with spicy sausage and dessert. I also had Hennessey which I only consume at Nanis pasta house..goes well with ice cream and gets me faded. After supper I passed out at 8pm and woke up at 130am to a bunch of texts then went back to sleep till 615am...checked the snow report which reported 9" in the last 24 hours for a total of 26" in the last 48 hours. Went to bagel place got two OJs, two bacon egg and streeze everything bagels and a double shot of espresso. I'm sensitive to caffeine and it gets me hyphy. Got dressed put on upper body underarmor for like the fourth time and the stench of my armpits could defeat ISIS.

At 755am went outside to wait for the bus and oh Lordy there were a lot of people...fartbag Freddie and 55 of his closest friends were waiting outside ready to shred the gnar but luckily me and Atomic Jeffs lighting fast reflexes ensured us the best and most comfortable seats on the bus. We began the day over on Teewinot and after some Avalanche bombs we were all clear for our final day of skiing. At 8:58AM we boarded the second civilian chair. We then glided over to Apres Vous and skied a groomer which was uber smooth down to the Teton lift and we were the first people on that. Temperatures were in the low teens at the base and just a few degrees up high with intermittent snowfall. From the Teton lift we skied into the Casper area and skied a perfectly groomed wide open which reminded me of the Tom Petty song Into the great wide open. Onto the Casper lift and that area was so empty which generally isn't the case after like 10am. We practiced for the powder 8 competition in the shallow powder in the stash park and back on a groomed carpet back to the Casper lift again. Then we traversed over to the Thunder chair which barely had any lift line. Up Thunder and traversed to below the expert chutes which yielded boot deep untracked light and dry powder which was totally untracked. Not a long shot but a solid 15-20 turns of sweetness then down a pretty smooth ampitheater back to the Thunder lift. Up thunder and we repeated the same run again which yielded another 15 turns of fresh Poe..then back to the Thunder. Still not much of a ok for Thunder. Up Thunder and we skied over to Grand in the flattest light possible. We were ever passed by two aggressive ladies but on of them fell..mad Homer Simpson. I would have helped her to prove that chivalry is not dead but her friend assisted..first we went into the right side woods which were garbage. Dust on crust. Then traversed across grand took a piss in the woods. As my homeboy frank zappa says. Watch out where the huskies go and don't you eat that yellow snow. The snow was decent in the left woods down to sublette. Up sublette where we rode the lift with a boarder chick from Bozeman. We cam across a few Colorado and Montana people the last two days taking advantage of all the fresh JHMR received the last two days. Top of sublette we headed to Wally World and Cheyenne bowl which got a ton of traffic yesterday and yielded big soft and crusty bumps and a little ankle deep fresh in the troughs. Then back to sublette chair which had more people blocking the lift line then actually in line. Amazing to see empty chairs going up on a fairly busy day.

At the top of Thunder we headed to the hobacks. The hobacks were a bit anticlimatic due to the best run ever in them yesterday but after hitting two rocks in the entrance and traversing across some crusty bumps the remainder of the south hoback yielded some very playful snow..patches of untracked and a very pleasant surface better than 80% of our forays into the Hobbers. I stopped to pee again and took some pictures. Then finished out the run and back to union pass traverse to the union pass run. Then up union pass lift and then skied down into the village to the mangy moose. I stopped in a store to buy my friend Steph a coffee mug then we consume chips with salsa and guac..sangwich for me and chili for atomic Jeff washed down with two pitchers of pacos IPA and toasted a successful trip. Honestly any trip with no dancefloor injury is successful for GSS. I'll post some pictures from today soon.

9 ski days...showing some snowboarders around..showing a 60 year old van dweller around..skiing 4 days with PASRs own toast along with a Jackson bar tour and 3 legit pow days and 2 half powder days contributed to a totally legit trip to my favorite ski resort. Some are sad when a ski trip is complete but I have a feeling of satisfaction. Now gonna have a few more beers before supper and will raid the vending machine with the pile of quarters I've accumulated. Thanks to all who read and enjoy my reports as I write these reports for all of y'all....as always any PASRs who wanna ski Jackson hole with me and atomic Jeff are always welcome to ski with us out here. I like showing people around. If I wasn't making Johnny cash selling tombstones I would consider a career as a professional concierge. JADIP

• Like 7

Three highlights on this trip:

1) Showing Toast around for 4 days

2) Only telling GSS to STFU up twice

3) Skiing the best run of my life.

I love JH, and having Toast out here for his second trip many years removed was great.  I wish more PASRs skied this awesome mountain.  Even non powder days are awesome here.  It's amazing how steep the groomers are here.  Day 9 in the books...back to the rat race tomorrow.  16 more work days (with a trip to Germany in between) until I'm in CO for 14 days ;)

• Like 5

1/31/16...day 9 of 9

Hey all,

I'm done with the final ski day of my 13th trip to Jackson Hole. Last night me and atomic Jeff had a nice supper at Nanis pasta house where we had wine, antipasto, homemade pasta with spicy sausage and dessert. I also had Hennessey which I only consume at Nanis pasta house..goes well with ice cream and gets me faded. After supper I passed out at 8pm and woke up at 130am to a bunch of texts then went back to sleep till 615am...checked the snow report which reported 9" in the last 24 hours for a total of 26" in the last 48 hours. Went to bagel place got two OJs, two bacon egg and streeze everything bagels and a double shot of espresso. I'm sensitive to caffeine and it gets me hyphy. Got dressed put on upper body underarmor for like the fourth time and the stench of my armpits could defeat ISIS.

At 755am went outside to wait for the bus and oh Lordy there were a lot of people...fartbag Freddie and 55 of his closest friends were waiting outside ready to shred the gnar but luckily me and Atomic Jeffs lighting fast reflexes ensured us the best and most comfortable seats on the bus. We began the day over on Teewinot and after some Avalanche bombs we were all clear for our final day of skiing. At 8:58AM we boarded the second civilian chair. We then glided over to Apres Vous and skied a groomer which was uber smooth down to the Teton lift and we were the first people on that. Temperatures were in the low teens at the base and just a few degrees up high with intermittent snowfall. From the Teton lift we skied into the Casper area and skied a perfectly groomed wide open which reminded me of the Tom Petty song Into the great wide open. Onto the Casper lift and that area was so empty which generally isn't the case after like 10am. We practiced for the powder 8 competition in the shallow powder in the stash park and back on a groomed carpet back to the Casper lift again. Then we traversed over to the Thunder chair which barely had any lift line. Up Thunder and traversed to below the expert chutes which yielded boot deep untracked light and dry powder which was totally untracked. Not a long shot but a solid 15-20 turns of sweetness then down a pretty smooth ampitheater back to the Thunder lift. Up thunder and we repeated the same run again which yielded another 15 turns of fresh Poe..then back to the Thunder. Still not much of a ok for Thunder. Up Thunder and we skied over to Grand in the flattest light possible. We were ever passed by two aggressive ladies but on of them fell..mad Homer Simpson. I would have helped her to prove that chivalry is not dead but her friend assisted..first we went into the right side woods which were garbage. Dust on crust. Then traversed across grand took a piss in the woods. As my homeboy frank zappa says. Watch out where the huskies go and don't you eat that yellow snow. The snow was decent in the left woods down to sublette. Up sublette where we rode the lift with a boarder chick from Bozeman. We cam across a few Colorado and Montana people the last two days taking advantage of all the fresh JHMR received the last two days. Top of sublette we headed to Wally World and Cheyenne bowl which got a ton of traffic yesterday and yielded big soft and crusty bumps and a little ankle deep fresh in the troughs. Then back to sublette chair which had more people blocking the lift line then actually in line. Amazing to see empty chairs going up on a fairly busy day.

At the top of Thunder we headed to the hobacks. The hobacks were a bit anticlimatic due to the best run ever in them yesterday but after hitting two rocks in the entrance and traversing across some crusty bumps the remainder of the south hoback yielded some very playful snow..patches of untracked and a very pleasant surface better than 80% of our forays into the Hobbers. I stopped to pee again and took some pictures. Then finished out the run and back to union pass traverse to the union pass run. Then up union pass lift and then skied down into the village to the mangy moose. I stopped in a store to buy my friend Steph a coffee mug then we consume chips with salsa and guac..sangwich for me and chili for atomic Jeff washed down with two pitchers of pacos IPA and toasted a successful trip. Honestly any trip with no dancefloor injury is successful for GSS. I'll post some pictures from today soon.

9 ski days...showing some snowboarders around..showing a 60 year old van dweller around..skiing 4 days with PASRs own toast along with a Jackson bar tour and 3 legit pow days and 2 half powder days contributed to a totally legit trip to my favorite ski resort. Some are sad when a ski trip is complete but I have a feeling of satisfaction. Now gonna have a few more beers before supper and will raid the vending machine with the pile of quarters I've accumulated. Thanks to all who read and enjoy my reports as I write these reports for all of y'all....as always any PASRs who wanna ski Jackson hole with me and atomic Jeff are always welcome to ski with us out here. I like showing people around. If I wasn't making Johnny cash selling tombstones I would consider a career as a professional concierge. JADIP

Well done! Trip of the year for sure. Totally jealous but glad you guys had a great time!

Three highlights on this trip:

1) Showing Toast around for 4 days

2) Only telling GSS to STFU up twice

3) Skiing the best run of my life.

I love JH, and having Toast out here for his second trip many years removed was great.  I wish more PASRs skied this awesome mountain.  Even non powder days are awesome here.  It's amazing how steep the groomers are here.  Day 9 in the books...back to the rat race tomorrow.  16 more work days (with a trip to Germany in between) until I'm in CO for 14 days ;)

Where in CO? ... and how do you have so many vacation days!?

Germany is a work trip. I'll be at Winter Park for a few days (staying at Barb's place), then flying to Aspen for the remainder.

I'm not familiar with Colorado at all but how far is WP from aspen that you're flying? I can't imagine it being too far.

I guess I could see flying as it may be cheaper than renting a car and driving. Also a lot more convenient

Germany is a work trip.  I'll be at Winter Park for a few days (staying at Barb's place), then flying to Aspen for the remainder.

I think that I have a discount ticket for WP that I got at this year's Warren Miller release.  Let me know when you are there and I will see about joining you. 

I'm not familiar with Colorado at all but how far is WP from aspen that you're flying? I can't imagine it being too far.

I guess I could see flying as it may be cheaper than renting a car and driving. Also a lot more convenient

I think Atomic Jeff likes flying in general...one day car rental is definitely cheaper than a flight from Denver to Aspen..the drive is about 4 hours and flight is about 20 minutes.

• Like 1

Over the coming days I'll be post the good the bad and the ugly...I'll start with our final dinner last night at the silver dollar bar since its fresh on my brain and do it in reverse order for the sake of comic relief.

The Ugly: Rude group of 10 pushy baby boomers who rearranged four round tables meant for four people each demanding the servers attention and all talking over each other when ordering a bunch of desserts.

The Bad: largest guy in the group practically sitting on Atomic Jeffs lap and stretching into him and leaning back. They were so annoying at one point I said loudly that they should all die in a grease fire.

The Good: Atomic Jeff crop dusting them on the way out and then lingering a few extra seconds...I had to move to the lobby to avoid being dusted and to keep a semi straight face.

• Like 4

I'll be back in Denver after skiing WP, so instead of renting a car and driving 4.5+ hours, I can be in Aspen by 8:40AM and ski the same day. It probably would've been cheaper to drive, but I don't need a car at my destination and one way rentals aren't cheap either.

I think that I have a discount ticket for WP that I got at this year's Warren Miller release. Let me know when you are there and I will see about joining you.

Will do sir.