Ski options for day trips on Thanksgiving Weekend

Ski2Live Live2Ski

If Boulder opens on Friday, it probably wont be crowded.  At all.......

I get it, im pretty much going crazy without skiing, but the lure of driving any significant distance to ski on marginal terrain doesnt appeal to me right now. That being said, driving a short distance (to BB) and skiing what has been called a "titlted tabletop", doesnt do it for me either.   

Whiteface is planning a Friday opening.

If you don't mind an overnight okemo should have several runs open this weekend. They usually do a canned food day thanksgiving weekend as well with discounted lift tickets with a can of food. Think that was usually on Sunday.

Sorry okemo a food bank day is December 4th. $39 lift tickets with a can of food.

• Like 1

Have you ever been to hunter on opening day?? I have. It's a white ribbon of death.

How is it different from blue's opening day? Race team is doing drills taking up half of MS. Then you got every other yahoo flying down the other half.

I used to do hunter opening days. Not bad for what it is. 1.6k vert hellgate/broadway to kennedy. Worse ways to spend a day

How is it different from blue's opening day? Race team is doing drills taking up half of MS. Then you got every other yahoo flying down the other half.

I used to do hunter opening days. Not bad for what it is. 1.6k vert hellgate/broadway to kennedy. Worse ways to spend a day

Because hunter has even more lift capacity opening day than blue and more people and rude New Yorkers. Race team generally doesn't start until a week or two after opening day. This year it's December 10th. Last years opening day was on a Monday I believe so no race team.

Oh and hunter is 200 miles away while Blue is 18 miles so if both are crowded at least I didn't spend 6-7 hours worth of driving for hunter.

Hunter will likely not be kid friendly terrain. Belleayre probably will be the better bet with lower Onteria

Belleayre is playing their cards close to their chest, but with the recent investments by the ORDA, I bet they open Friday with a full trail or two. That would probably be the least crowded terrain in the Northeast. Edited by Ride Delaware ?

If Boulder opens on Friday, it probably wont be crowded.  At all.......

I get it, im pretty much going crazy without skiing, but the lure of driving any significant distance to ski on marginal terrain doesnt appeal to me right now. That being said, driving a short distance (to BB) and skiing what has been called a "titlted tabletop", doesnt do it for me either.   

Whiteface is planning a Friday opening.

What if "Christmas Tree" is open? I'd be game if Blue isn't open. 

I am officially ready to ski. Who's gonna take my money first? It's up to you snow makers, groomers, and ski area marketing teams.

I can do some evening turns in PA on Wednesday or some morning ones on Thursday.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski